All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Benefits from Day One
· Career Development
· Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
· Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift : Monday-Friday
Job Location : Hybrid
The role you’ll contribute:
The Director of Evidence Based Medicine is responsible for the tactical planning, evaluation and coordination of the Evidence Based Medicine deliverables across all clinical areas and sites within AdventHealth. The Director provides leadership for the Evidence Based Medicine team that facilitates Evidence Based Practice by creating, maintaining, and updating all electronic order sets used in the EMR domains. The Director also collaborates with Senior Leaders, AdventHealth Information Technology, the Quality and Safety team, multidisciplinary clinical councils and advisory groups and medical provider subject matter experts to identify unwarranted care variations within AdventHealth. The Director facilitates the collaboration of design solutions that incorporate current evidence-based practices, regulatory guidelines and practice based evidence. The Director ensures alignment and normalization of disparate clinical content across AdventHealth by providing the strategic oversight for the integration and facilitation of standardized clinical pathways, physician order sets, nurse treatment pathways, clinical documentation, and clinical orderable. The Director provides guidance to assure expert integration of Evidence Based Medicine into the enduring clinical consensus forums and monitoring of key performance measures that align with the AdventhHealth expected clinical outcomes. The Director oversees the Evidence Based Medicine key decisions, agendas, opportunity analysis, design documents as well as the team’s use of evidence-based practice literature. The Director is a team member and team leader who works collaboratively with AdventHealth colleagues, operations, and physician leaders to influence and promote Evidence Based Medicine initiatives and acts as the clinical point of contact within AdventHealth Clinical for Evidence Based Medicine related provider education.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Provides guidance for system leaders, Program Directors, Medical Directors, Senior Leaders in the formulation of care quality goals and identification of desired outcomes in accordance with AdventHealth Clinical’s agenda and standards of care, facilitating physician and nurse leaders in the adoption of care variation reduction.
· Accountable for the staffing, operations, and financial performance of the Evidence Based Medicine Team, including daily operational work streams and strategic planning, business requirements, project planning, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
· Promotes a highly functioning and positive team environment, including ongoing mentoring and professional development that may include workshops, conferences, in-services, and other related activities.
· Directs operations for the Evidence Based Medicine team and assigned clinical consensus groups while monitoring subcommittees/task force action plans.
· Identifies staff development opportunities, assesses performance, allocates work, screens and hires new employees.
· Responsible for supporting and monitoring assigned multidisciplinary clinical advisory meetings, analysis, design, current and future state workflow analysis and new builds.
· Develop system processes to guide the workflow of the Evidence Based Medicine team.
· Collaborates with AdventHealth Clinical data analytics and process improvement team to provide clinical process updates for the design success.
· Identify opportunities for appropriate standardization of clinical best practice.
· Coordinates system wide EMR optimization initiatives to achieve identified success metrics.
Develops organizational change management strategies and partners with Clinical Managers and Project Managers to integrate organizational change management activities into project schedules; manages and mitigates issues and risks.
Develops strategic goals for Evidence Based Medicine, including identification of the key drivers in the EMR which deliver top quartile clinical performance.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Mastery of desktop applications including Microsoft suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and other related products including EMR systems.
· The ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures, analyze complex clinical scenarios and apply critical thinking.
· Strong problem solving oral and written communication, organizational, analytical, and quality improvement skills.
· Knowledge of statistics, data collection, healthcare analysis and data presentation
· Epic experience.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Master’s degree in nursing leadership or related healthcare field
· 10 years of progressive clinical experience
· At least five years in clinical leadership position(s).
· At least seven years of electronic medical records (EMR) proficiency in clinician workflows.
· PROSCI Certified Project Management or equivalent.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Active Unencumbered Registered Nurse License
· Provides supervision and strategic direction for the Evidence Based Medicine team.
Works with AdventHealth Executive Leadership
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Facility: AdventHealth Corporate
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $60.986 - $91.479
Location: Altamonte Springs, FL
Job ID: 24002704
Job Family: Information Systems
Shift: 1 - Day