All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Immediate Benefits
· Rewarding Work Environment
· Tuition Repayment Program
· Career Development
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time Days
Shift : Days
The community you’ll be caring for:
Faith based and Mission driven agency
One-on-one patient care in the patient’s home environment
Joint Commission Deemed Status accredited agency
Competitive pay with no state income tax
Commitment to workplace wellness and exceptional health and benefits offerings
The role you’ll contribute:
The After Hours LPN provides after hours nursing services to Hospice patients through scheduled and unscheduled visits. The After Hours LPN works together with Triage Nurses and other after-hours staff in order to respond to patients’ emergencies, assess patients’ condition and report on findings in a timely manner as deemed necessary.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Works outside normal business hours and during early morning hours on call to respond to patient emergencies.
· Responds to orders from Triage Nurse to travel to patient residence location to assess patient condition based on emergency or urgent needs.
· Assesses patient condition and need for immediate care due to fall or other traumatic event. Communicates condition to Triage and/or Case Management staff, and receives and follows instructions.
· Performs nursing procedures as instructed or indicated, such as insert catheters, feeding tubes, and if credentialed, administer intravenous medications.
· Educates the patient’s family and other caregivers on hospice care and what services will be provided to the patient.
· Coordinates patient needs for medications and/or medical equipment with the Triage Nurse and may deliver patient supplies, and pick up and deliver new prescriptions from the pharmacy to patient
· Communicates pertinent patient and employee information to interdisciplinary teams and Patient Care Managers on a daily basis.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
Minimum qualifications :
Graduation from accredited nursing program, equivalent to one year of practical training with certification as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an LPN required.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted at the discretion of the Administrator.
A clear/active Florida License Practical Nurse (LPN) license.
Basic Life Support Certification.
Maintain a current, valid Florida Driver's License in good standing with a safe driving record and a reliable vehicle.
Maintain valid personal automobile insurance.
Home health and/or acute care nursing experience.
Certified Hospice and Palliative Licensed Nurse Certification.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Hospice Care Central FL
Schedule: 1 - Day
Shift: ADH Hospice Care Ctrl Florida
Req ID: 23014479
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $20.052 - $30.078
Location: Altamonte Springs, FL
Job ID: 23014479
Job Family: Nursing
Shift: 1 - Day