Social Worker Hospice -
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Benefits from Day One
· Paid Days Off from Day One
· Career Development
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time, 40 hours per week
Shift : Days Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm
Location: Osceola County
The community you’ll be caring for:
Faith based and Mission driven agency
One-on-one patient care in the patient’s home environment
Joint Commission Deemed Status accredited agency
Competitive pay with no state income tax
Commitment to workplace wellness and exceptional health and benefits offerings
The role you’ll contribute:
The Social Worker acts as a member of the interdisciplinary team that manages the emotional and social service needs of an assigned caseload of patients and families currently on hospice services. The Social Worker coordinates all social service interventions and referrals, including needs assessment, supportive counseling, networking, financial assessments and financial resources procurement. This level of support is provided in response to the Initial Assessment and will be created as part of the Comprehensive Assessment in order to promote the patient and family’s well-being throughout the dying process.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Evaluates the psychosocial needs of each patient and family care unit.
· Develops and implements the psychosocial plan of care in response to the needs of the patients and families.
· Travels to patient residence and performs initial assessment. Identifies and assesses the psychosocial needs of the patient and family, and the care giving relationships and dynamics between the patient and family for the patient interdisciplinary care plan.
· Assists the patients and families with obtaining financial resources.
· Provides services as determined by interdisciplinary team and reports back to registered nurse regarding assessment and need for other organizational resources.
· Communicates with care givers and make referrals for intra-organizational services and community resources such as Medicaid, Salvation Army, and food banks.
· Provides education and assistance in completing Advance Directives.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
Minimum qualifications :
· Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Sociology or Social Work is required.
· Master’s degree in Social Work is required.
· A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the social work field is required.
· A clear/active Social Work license for the state of Florida or license-eligible under Florida law is required.
· Maintain a current, valid Florida Driver's License in good standing with a safe driving record and a reliable vehicle.
· Maintain valid personal automobile insurance.
· Basic Life Support Certification
· Healthcare/hospice experience is preferred.
· A clear/active Social Work license for the state of Florida.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Facility: AdventHealth Hospice Care Central FL
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $24.662 - $36.993
Location: Altamonte Springs, FL
Job ID: 23047589
Job Family: Case Management
Shift: 1 - Day