All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Benefits from Day One for FT/PT positions
· Paid Time Off from Day One for FT/PT positions
· Paid Parental Leave for FT/PT positions
· Student Loan Repayment Program for FT/PT positions
· Career Development
· Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
· Mental Health Resources and Support
· Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Part-time, 20 hours a week.
Work schedule below is subject to change, must be flexible with work hours.
Location: UChicago AdventHealth Medical Group: Clarendon Hills Primary Care
Travel to all locations as needed.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Medical Assistant (MA) Scribe role functions within the outpatient medical practices of AdventHealth Medical Group. The role empowers talented MAs to perform expanded duties in order to help enhance the care delivery of the entire team. The MA Scribe has the opportunity to truly partner with the Physician or Advance Practice Provider with which they work along-side every day. The MA Scribe performs more than just taking patient vitals. They are able to have continuous interaction with the patient throughout the entire visit and play a key role in supporting the provider in treating the patient’s needs as a whole person – mind, body, and spirit. The MA Scribe takes comprehensive and accurate patient medical histories, properly constructs, and documents the patient note via transcription from the provider, all the while simultaneously increasing their medical knowledge and building upon the foundational medical assistant clinical skills. By having the privilege of receiving delegation rights from the provider in the EMR, it allows the MA Scribe to enter appropriate orders for the patients. MA Scribes are a true valued member of the patient care team, working side-by-side with the provider to ensure a smooth and efficient workflow process and helping our patients Feel Whole .
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Preparation of patient medical record in advance of patient visit to include ensuring all diagnostic testing results are available. Quality Metric tab must be reviewed, and orders proposed as necessary.
· Room patients, obtain vitals, administer medications/vaccinations, perform point of care testing, update problem lists, History and Physical Information and Review of Systems
· Accompany physician into the patient examination room to transcribe and document accurately the physician’s encounter.
· Transcribe patient orders including laboratory tests, radiology tests, medications, etc.
· Function as part of the patient care team to ensure efficient workflow processes.
· May be required to travel as needed to fulfill staffing needs.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED :
· Knowledge of health care field and medical terminology
· Demonstrates ability to communicate by reading, writing, and typing legibly, speaking and comprehending English effectively in order to carry out job requirements.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Experience with EPIC
· Scribe/Transcriptionist experience.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
· 1 year of practical medical assisting experience AND one of the medical assistant certifications listed below
Graduate of a medical assisting program in lieu of experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program
· Graduate of a Scribe certification program
· Transcriptionist experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
· Must be currently certified and maintain certification by one of the following:
· American Association of Medical Assistants (“AAMA”) for Certified Medical Assistants
· American Medical Certification Association (“AMCA”) for Clinical Medical Assistant Certification
· American Medical Technologists (“AMT”) for Registered Medical Assistant
· National Association for Health Professionals (“NAHP”) for Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant
· National Center for Competency Testing (“NCCT”) for National Certified Medical Assistant
· National Health career Association (“NHA”) for Certified Clinical Medical Assistant current
· American Registry of Medical Assistants (“ARMA”)
· valid BLS certification from AHA is required.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Job Schedule: Part-time
Pay Range: $18.89 - $28.327
Location: Clarendon Hills, IL
Job ID: 23045057
Job Family: Physician Services
Shift: 1 - Day