All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: PRN Days
Shift : 2 weekend days per month
Location: 13100 Fort King Rd, Dade City, FL 33525
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Dade City
· Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI & Resuscitation (American College of Cardiology)
· Accredited as a Comprehensive Bariatric Center under the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP)
· Primary Stroke Center Designation (AHCA)
· Leapfrog Safety Grade A, Fall 2020
· Blue Distinction® Center for Bariatric Surgery (Blue Cross Blue Shield)
· UnitedHealthcare Bariatric Center of Excellence (United Healthcare)
· Lifestyle activities and community growth
· Close proximity to many of Florida’s finest beaches
· An abundance of family attractions (Orlando & Tampa theme parks)
· Access to arts, culture and music
· Premium shopping outlets
The role you’ll contribute:
The Speech Language Pathologist provides self-directed, effective therapy to patients in accordance with Florida Speech Pathology Association standards and pursuant to Florida Department of Professional Regulation, Chapter 486.021 (S): “Speech Pathologist means a person who is licensed and who practices speech therapy in accordance with this chapter. The Speech Language Pathologist evaluates, plans, directs and treats all patients referred to speech therapy.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Responsible for assessment, reassessment, goal setting and developing and implementing plans of care for all patients referred to Speech Therapy.
· Demonstrates the ability to competently perform all items on the speech skills inventory/competency checklist.
· Supervises Speech Therapy students and therapists during their Clinical Fellowship Year (CFY).
· Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
· Responsible for ensuring that documentation meets regulatory and departmental standards and policies.
· Responsible for ensuring that documentation consistently supports the need for skilled intervention
· Exhibits good time management skills as evidenced by completing work within designated time, staying on schedule with patients and completing documentation in a timely manner.
· Meets and maintains established productivity expectations.
· Participates in guidance and educational programs.
· Assists in ordering supplies, maintains adequate inventory levels to assure all supplies and equipment is readily available.
· Participates in all infection control, departmental equipment training and organizational safety and fire safety programs.
· Assists with interviewing new applicants and with performing peer reviews as requested.
· Ensures that patient charges are accurate and entered on a timely basis.
· Reports to work on time as specified in the attendance policy.
· Responsible for clocking in and out as required by facility policy.
· Reports to work as scheduled.
· Regularly attends staff meetings and Wall Walks; responsible for reading minutes of those missed.
· Adheres to the department’s philosophy for quality work.
· Follows standard work for specified tasks.
· Other duties as assigned.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED :
· Comprehensive knowledge and application of principles of medical speech language pathology for therapeutic diagnostics and treatment.
· Ability to communicate effectively in written, verbal and electronic formats with patients, staff, physicians, nurses and administrators.
· Ability to plan, organize, direct and evaluate the work of others.
· Ability to initiate and promote innovation and change.
· Ability to establish collaborative alliances and promote teamwork.
· Ability to establish and update Plan of Care
· Skill and knowledge in working with automated information systems in a healthcare setting.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
· Graduate of an accredited Speech Language Pathology School
· Master’s Degree in Speech
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
· Current Florida Speech Language Pathology license
· Clinical Fellowship Year candidates also considered, providing a supervising SLP is available.
· Valid BLS
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Pay Range: $45.62 - $45.62
Location: Dade City, FL
Job ID: 24004856
Job Family: Rehabilitation Services
Shift: 1 - Day