All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Career Development
· Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
· Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift : As Needed -Variable Shifts must be able to work day, evening, night shift along with weekends and holidays
Location: 410 South 11th Street
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Lake Wales
· AdventHealth Heart of Florida is a licensed 193-bed acute care hospital, coupled with outpatient services including imaging, rehab, lab and wound care, that has been serving the community for over 50 years.
· As a part of the AdventHealth network patients will have greater access to a wide range of innovative therapies, new research, leading-edge technology and an extensive team of medical specialists.
· High-quality care that has been recognized by the Joint Commission, the American Heart Association and the American Diabetes Association.
· Located in Davenport, FL., which is close to major destinations, like Busch Gardens, Legoland, and Walt Disney World, without being located in the central hub of tourism.
The role you’ll contribute:
Pharmacy Tech II Primary responsibility is the provision of medication distributive functions and pharmacy operational tasks, which includes but is not limited to assisting the pharmacist with all duties of preparing and dispensing of medications, inventory management, and regulatory compliance. Performs duties necessary for the effective daily operation of all department services and programs. Accurately responds to medication dispensing requests, prepares medications for pharmacist final review/check, delivers checked medications, and returns unused or expired medications to appropriate pharmacy areas. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Actively performs all pharmacy technician functions and maintains active proficiency in standard work parameters, hospital and pharmacy specific computer systems, and operational programs
· Maintains operational expertise and competency in, and actively provides coverage of technician services provided by central pharmacy operations
· Appropriately utilizes medication automation, technology, and computer systems. Maintains expertise in Cerner processes and accurately interprets electronic records
· Accurately completes medication inventories and accurately prepares and dispenses patientspecific medication doses. Prevents improper drug, dose, dosage form selection, expiration dating, and barcode scanning issues when checking products
· Understands how to handle process and appropriately dispose of all waste materials, including all levels of hazardous waste, within the department. Knowledgeable about the appropriate use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Hazardous Medication Spill Kits in the event of a cytotoxic spill
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
· High School Dioplma
· Must be registered with the State of Florida Board of Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Technician
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Pay Range: $21.00 - $21
Location: Davenport, FL
Job ID: 23044579
Job Family: Pharmacy
Shift: 1 - Day