All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Student Loan Repayment Program
· Career Development
· Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
· Schedule: PRN
· Shift : Days
· The community you will be caring for : AdventHealth Daytona Beach - 301 Memorial Medical Pkwy, Daytona Beach, FL 32117
The role you will contribute:
The Radiation Therapist is responsible for performing safe and efficient patient simulations, and applying ionizing radiation to the patient as prescribed by the Radiation Oncologist. The Radiation Therapist demonstrates and promotes service excellence at all times, and is a key member of the comprehensive team responsible for the care of the oncology patient.
The value you will bring to the team:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Prepares the patient and delivers radiation treatments as directed by the Radiation Oncologist.
· Provides the patient with on-going education from their simulation through the end of their treatment
· Provides immobilization when required
· Provides protection in accordance with prescribed safety standards
· Calculates required treatment times for optimum patient flow while accommodating the patient’s schedule as well
· Evaluates the course of the patient’s treatment and plans accordingly for any changes.
· Blocks to be added at certain doses
· Delivers treatments utilizing ionizing radiation as prescribed by the Radiation Oncologists.
· Comprehends the entire plan of treatment and reproduces complex setups.
· Delivers treatment to patients receiving HDR radiation
· Takes localization films and portal images as directed by the Radiation Oncologist, and makes sure they are approved in a timely manner.
· Utilizes the portal imaging system in conjunction with ARIA to obtain quality images.
· Responsible for confirming that the patient’s chart, diagnostic studies and previous simulation films are available for the patient’s simulation.
· Performs the simulation process for preparation of the treatment plan
· Completes consistency check prior to the first treatment
· Verifies the prescription to make sure it is complete, and that it is correct in ARIA.
· Compares the templates from dosimetry against the MLC’s in the treatment room
· Compares the dose information in ARIA against the dose information on the dosimetry plans.
· Verifies the correct energy, wedges, machine parameters and monitor units
· Personally reviews changes requested by the Radiation Oncologist
· Monitors the patient with audio/visual equipment during the treatment to observe any patient movement and notifies manger of any patient complaints.
· Documents all patient information in the treatment record, including but not limited to port films, the use of bolus or other treatment aides.
· Analyzes problems when setups are not reproducing and takes appropriate corrective action.
· Observes the patient for any side effects from the treatment, and adequate pain control, and refers them to the nurse and/or Radiation Oncologist, as appropriate.
· Assesses patient lab results and notifies the Radiation Oncologist, if applicable.
· Responds quickly and without immediate assistance in an emergency situation.
· Assists with patient’s medical equipment: IV’s, oxygen, catheters, etc. and report malfunctions if necessary
· Identifies and properly amends any charting errors in accordance with hospital policy and department procedures.
· Reviews patient charts to ensure ongoing quality assurance.
· Utilizes the ARIA system for the scheduling of patient appointment times and entering charges.
· Coordinates in-house patient transportation.
· Refer patients, as appropriate, to the Oncology Social Worker.
· Makes efficient use of time and prepare properly to ensure efficient and timely workflow.
· Operates the equipment according to the Radiation Oncology department safety standards along with the vendor’s operating procedure manual.
· Performs daily warm-up and QA on the treatment machine and simulator.
· Assesses if the equipment is operating according to the parameters given by Physic sand notifies
· Physics immediately if equipment malfunctions
· Participates in the on-call schedule at all sites.
· Responsible for other duties, as requested.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Must possess knowledge of anatomical structures for localization.
· Must possess the technical skills to accomplish the treatment plan proposed by the Radiation Oncologist.
· Computer proficiency required.
· Excellent communication skills required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High School diploma or equivalent.
· Graduate of an AMA approved school of Radiation Therapy program.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current Florida Radiation Therapist license required.
· Must be a Registered Radiation Therapist or registry eligible (ARRT), with exam taken within 30 days.
· BLS required
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Facility: AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Pay Range: $41.43 - $41.428
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Job ID: 24000372
Job Family: Cancer Institute
Shift: 1 - Day