RN Transfer Center Supervisor
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Benefits from Day One
· Student Loan Repayment Program
· Nursing Clinical Ladder Program*
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Night
7p – 7a
3p - 3a
The community you’ll be caring for:
AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Location Address: 301 Memorial Medical Parkway Daytona Beach, FL 32117
The role you’ll contribute:
The Transfer Center Supervisor acts as a facilitator and decision-maker for all patient transfers, admissions, and inter hospital patient movement. Patient transfers from regional hospitals to FHMMC are facilitated by conferencing appropriate doctors and completing documentation. Is responsible for assuring that newly admitted or transferred patients are assigned a bed in the appropriate patient care location in a timely and customer focused manner. Placement is based on diagnosis, severity of illness and intensity of services needed.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Facilitates all admission processes related to the Transfer Center, Emergency Department, Surgical Services.
· Communicates with physicians and outlying facilities if placement of a specific patient will be problematic. Uses problem-solving skills to determine the best course of action which will be satisfactory to the patient, the MD and the hospital. Escalates unresolved concerns utilizing the established chain of command.
· Utilizes nursing education, skills, and knowledge as foundations for gathering appropriate patient clinical data to assure appropriate placement.
· Responsible for accepting and tracking all hospital transfers and transports.
· Assists in data collection, monitoring, evaluation, and analyzing of triage problems for the purpose of developing and implementing protocols, policies and procedures.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
· Active Florida RN license required or active multi-state RN license
· Current AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
· Current AHA Advanced Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), NPR, S.T.A.B.L.E. and/or Emergency Nurses Trauma Nursing Core Class (TNCC) Certifications may be required upon hire for certain departments. Refer to facility policy
· Four years of nursing experience required including a minimum of one year experience as a supervisor, charge nurse or comparable leadership experience
• Bachelors (BSN) degree
• National certification in areas of practice
• Member of national professional organization
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $39.57 - $59.36
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Job ID: 24001478
Job Family: Nursing
Shift: 3 - Night