All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Student Loan Repayment Program
· Career Development
· Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
· Schedule: PRN
· Shift : Days
· The community you will be caring for : AdventHealth Deland - 701 W Plymouth Ave. Deland, FL 32720
The role you will contribute:
To utilize the nursing process in the direction and administration of Hemodialysis, Peritoneal Dialysis, and Apheresis as appropriate. This performance is in compliance with established structure, standards, process standards and protocols under the supervision of the Nursing Director, Nurse Manager, Clinical Leader or ADON.
The Registered Nurse will ensure the delivery of safe and effective patient care as defined by Adventist Health
The value you will bring to the team:
· Rinse, prime and position all appropriate equipment, attach all required tubing, prepare dialysate, calibrate and check alarms, set monitors and perform a system check as required.
· Provide the highest level of critical acute nursing care to ensure patient safety, comfort, and well being
· Perform patient assessment prior to treatment and proceed with treatment based on such assessments and physician’s orders.
· Obtain blood samples and other specimens as indicated by patient’s condition or as ordered.
· Administer appropriate medications, blood and blood products ordered by the physician and/or as stated in polices.
· Assess, evaluate and provide care for patients related to blood pressure and weight changes or other physical conditions, access patency, lab values, dialysate composition, blood and fluid flows.
· Complete nursing notes after every dialysis treatment.
· Notify the physician when appropriate. Communicate with patient’s primary nurse.
· Administer treatment as indicated, including medications, use of oxygen and other therapeutic measures. Monitor blood pressure every 30 minutes or less.
· Clean and dress access sites and other wounds in close proximity to the access site that may potentially contaminate the access using appropriate aseptic techniques.
· Initiate and perform appropriate emergency procedures.
· Participates in patient and family teaching as needed regarding dialysis treatment and End stage renal dietary recommendations.
· Clean and sanitize equipment; dispose of disposable supplies as practiced by hospital protocols.
· Maintain a safe environment for patient and staff by following infection control procedures.
· Give the primary nurse a full report at completion of dialysis.
· Have knowledge about continuous cycled peritoneal dialysis and peritoneal dialysis solutions
· Have Knowledge about disequilibrium syndrome, air emboli, hemolysis and neuropathy.
· Have Knowledge about Apheresis treatment modalities.
· Assures the implementation of the prescribed medical regimen, including but not limited to:
o Administration of all IV’s, blood and blood products, in accordance with established nursing standards and protocols.
o Administration of all medications, in accordance with established nursing standards and protocols, with no more than three (3) variances per year.
o Performance of treatments and procedures without deviation from established nursing standards and protocols.
o Implementation of physicians' orders on all patients.
· Assures the accurate processing of physicians' orders, including but not limited to:
o Documentation of all verbal and telephone orders on the Physicians' Order Sheet, indicating the date and time received.
o Documentation of the accurate processing of physicians' orders with signature, date and time.
· Assures the documentation of the patient's response to nursing plan of care in all areas of the medical record, in compliance with established nursing standards and protocols.
o Ensures that documentation is concise, legible and completed prior to the end of the shift.
o Corrects errors in documentation according to established nursing policy.
· Prescribes delegates and coordinates all nursing care as defined by and provided throughout the hospital.
o Prescribes patient care activities to accomplish and nursing plan of care.
o Delegates aspects of patient care to appropriate nursing staff based on staff qualifications and competence.
o Coordinates nursing care in conjunction with therapies directed by other disciplines.
o Establishes priorities for treatment and care.
o Assures all aspects of direct patient care are met to include but not limited to: personal hygiene, answering call lights, transporting, etc.
· Provides for a safe and supportive environment for all patients, families and co-workers.
o Identifies and monitors all patients and implements preventive measures according to established nursing standards and protocols.
o Reports all abnormal test results, significant changes in vital signs and symptomatology to the physician at time of identification.
o Follows all infection control policies and procedures without exception.
o Operates equipment in accordance with established hospital standards to avoid physical injury or damage to equipment.
o Verifies safety of all equipment prior to utilization.
o Removes unsafe/dysfunctional equipment from use and initiates appropriate repair process.
o Assures the availability of emergency equipment and pharmaceuticals.
o Checks and replenishes crash cart supplies and other emergency equipment according to established nursing standards and protocols.
§ Responds to all emergency and disaster situations.
o Performs in professional manner during crises or emergency situations.
o Communicates the patient's response to nursing plan of care to the oncoming shift.
§ Ensures change of shift report is complete, concise and accurate.
§ Communicates and/or consults with appropriate personnel regarding situations requiring follow-up.
o Reports observed deviations from established nursing standards and protocols or the Nurse Practice Act to the immediate supervisor in a confidential manner.
o Protects the rights of all patients.
· Contributes to the monitoring of the quality and appropriateness of patient care delivered.
o Completes required Quality Improvement documentation in a timely manner.
o Reports problems or concerns regarding the quality and appropriateness of patient care delivered, to the immediate supervisor.
o Complies with the philosophy of Total Quality Management.
§ Contributes to the fulfillment of the unit's mission.
§ Actively participates in the ongoing process of the unit Customer Satisfaction Plan.
· Demonstrates positive communication and interpersonal skills with patients, families and all members of the health care team.
o No justified complaints are received regarding attitude, conduct and/or performance.
o Demonstrates the team concept and works in a cooperative manner with all co-workers and supervisory staff.
o Utilizes the appropriate chain of command to resolve conflicts.
· Contributes to the smooth operation of the Nursing Department.
o Demonstrates the ability to function in a leadership role.
o Demonstrates flexibility as patient care needs and census change.
o Deals effectively with complex assignments.
o Cooperates with temporary reassignment as given by immediate supervisor, in a positive manner.
o Participates in the orientation program by providing learning experiences to new employees and student nurse affiliates.
o Serves as a committee member.
o Performs other related duties, as assigned.
o Coordinating care and delegation among employees within the unit
· Constant contact with patients and other employees; regular contact with visitors, others.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED :
· Critical Thinking skills.
· Communication, delegation, coordination, evaluation, assessment and interpersonal skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
· Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
· Minimum one-year RN Experience in Critical Care
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing (BSN Preferred)
· Experience with Acute/Inpatient dialysis (strongly preferred)
· Dialysis nursing experience
· ICU, CCU, and ER experience (preferred)
· BSN degree (preferred)
· Certified Nephrology Nurse or Certified Dialysis Nurse (preferred but not required)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
· Active Florida R.N. license required
· Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
· Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth DeLand
Schedule: 1 - Day
Shift: AdventHealth DeLand
Req ID: 23015245
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Pay Range: $45 - $45
Location: Deland, FL
Job ID: 23015245
Job Family: Nursing
Shift: 1 - Day