All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Time Off from Day One
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth Central Texas, AdventHealth Family Medicine Rural Clinics and AdventHealth Rollins Brook is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Monday – Friday Day Shift
The community you’ll be caring for:
§ Located in the heart of Texas, AdventHealth provides care for the citizens of Bell, Coryell and Lampasas counties.
§ AdventHealth is committed to reinvesting in the community by offering the services, technologies, and facilities to set the standard with the continually changing healthcare industry.
§ As a member of our team of more than 1,000 employees you will enjoy competitive salaries, exceptional benefits and opportunities for growth while working in an environment that is centered around our mission of Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ.
The role you’ll contribute:
Certified Medical Assistant to work in a Medical Clinic with one or more physicians. Skilled Medical Assistant able to keep patient records confidential and up to date. Works closely with physicians to treat patients and ensure patients are provided quality patient care. Flexible to work in other areas of the physician group as needed and can work with multiple host systems. Works under supervision of Director or designee and assists Physician with clinic needs.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Perform clinical and clerical duties for physician clinic.
· Answer telephones in a professional and courteous manner, take messages in the EHR system and task to proper Care Team Member.
· Schedule new and follow-up appointments
· Explain registration process and give directions to new patients
· Ability to explain procedure preparation to patients if instructed.
· Understand how scheduling affects the clinic and schedule patients as instructed by Director or designee.
· Understand the difference between Practice Management (EPM) and Electronic Health Record System (EHR).
· Communicate appropriately and clearly to patients, co-workers, office manager, physicians and administration.
· Ability to accurately enter patient’s demographics into Practice Management system
· Ability to understand the process of insurance verification.
· Ability to understand the process of Referrals
· Ability to understand the process of Authorizations
· Ability to understand when Referral or Authorization is needed.
· Perform all parts of patient care as a Medical Assistant.
· Confirm all necessary documents have been obtained to treat patient.
· Confirm the patient’s authorization or referral is accurate for the patient’s visit
· Understands if the patient is being referred, the referring physician’s documents need to be accessible.
· Abstract patient charts into EHR System and scan documents into their chart.
· Welcome patient into Exam Room after the front office has checked the patient in.
· Understands preparing patient’s intake
· Ability to obtain patient’s vital signs
· Understands what to ask patient to complete their HPI
· Ability to understand what a Chief Complaint is.
· Work up patient information based on physician’s preference.
· Assist physician with any injections and/or procedures – when needed.
· Ensure Lot Numbers, NDC #’s, and Expiration dates are entered in properly
· Understand when to obtain authorization for any procedures as needed.
· Check patient out after the provider is done with exam.
· Assure patient has appropriate documents before leaving.
§ Patient must have Patient Plan printed.
§ Provide patient with any orders they need to complete
· Stock medical supply cabinets daily.
· Clean and prepare patient rooms throughout the business day
· Ensure this is completed before ending of your shift.
· Keep track of necessary logs for your office
· Maintain log of Medications in office including expiration dates
· Be a Team player!
· Maintain good working relationship with MCP staff members, physicians, and administration.
· Ability to handle constructive criticism.
· Open- minded to attending additional training when scheduled.
· Ensure all tasks and job duties are performed to an acceptable standard.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
Minimum qualifications :
· High School education
· Completion of Medical Assisting Training/courses
· Medical Assistant Certification or completion of certification within 1 year of hire
· BCLS certification required within 90 days of hire.
2 years MA in a primary care practice preferred.
Current BLS certification. American Heart Association preferred.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Facility: AdventHealth Medical Group Central Texas
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $16.00 - $24
Location: Harker Heights, TX
Job ID: 23040246
Job Family: Physician Services
Shift: 1 - Day