YOU ARE REQUIRED TO UPLOAD RESUME, LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One for FT/PT positions
Paid Days Off from Day One for FT/PT positions
Student Loan Repayment Program for FT/PT positions
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift : 7am-3:30pm, rotating Days, weekends, and holidays
Location: AdventHealth Hinsdale
The role you’ll contribute:
The HIM Tech II will be assigned one of the following department responsibilities and be assigned duties as needed. Responsible for preparation, scanning, quality control and validation of medical records. May analyze records for physician deficiencies.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- Retrieve charts to be scanned from Outpatient, Emergency Department and Inpatient Units.
· Prep charts for scanning according to procedure.
· Scan charts using scanner.
· Timely and accurately complete Quality Control and Validation for each documents scanned, referring to Document List to determine document type.
· Perform Power Chart validation on charts scanned to verify accuracy of charts scanned in Power Chart.
· Answers the phone and assist callers,
· Obtain records from other hospitals and faxes records when requested according to HIM procedure.
· Performs special projects when assigned.
· Performs a comprehensive review of patient’s medical record to ensure the presence of all required physician documentation such as: discharge summary, history and physical, signatures etc.
· Timely and accurately enters physician deficiencies in Cerner’s patient deficiency analysis application.
· Stays current on all physician documentation requirements per medical staff policies.
· Works closely with Director to perform quality and timeliness reviews of physician documentation for compliance audits.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
High School degree or equivalent required
Medical records experience preferred
Associate’s Degree or Graduate of a Technical School preferred
HIM Certification preferred
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Health Information Management
Organization: UChicago Medicine AdventHealth Hinsdale
Schedule: 1 - Day
Shift: AdventHealth Hinsdale
Req ID: 22039864
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.