All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One for FT/PT positions
Paid Time Off from Day One for FT/PT positions
Paid Parental Leave
Student Loan Repayment Program for FT/PT positions
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Monday – Friday typically but will need to be available/on call in case of facility emergencies
Location: Will cover 4 hospital locations: Hinsdale, LaGrange, GlenOaks and Bolingbrook
The role you’ll contribute:
The Regional Emergency Management Coordinator oversees the “all hazards” approach to Emergency Management at all four UChicago Medicine AdventHealth Medical Centers (Bolingbrook, GlenOaks, Hinsdale and La Grange) and provides for the design and implementation of disaster response to incidents involving all four Medical Centers and personnel. At UChicago Medicine AdventHealth Medical Centers our primary customers are patients and families. Our partners are physicians and our team members are all employees of UChicago Medicine AdventHealth Medical Centers Health System.
The Regional Emergency Management Coordinator is responsible for the Emergency Management Plan design and implementation. This person will work with each facilities’ leadership team to develop the response and training aspect of Emergency Management. This will include supporting the education of employees as required by Federal Grant stipulations.
This person will keep updated with the Joint Commission regulatory requirements and prepare and submit all Comprehensive Emergency Management/Emergency Operations Plans for the 4 UChicago Medicine AdventHealth Medical Centers.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Develops and maintains an emergency operations plan. Develops and manages the work of the emergency management committee, serving as the committee chair; represents the committee at other committees.
· Manages the system for emergency preparedness reporting. Applies for and manages grants. Represents ministry on local and regional emergency planning and response activities and forums. Attends meetings with external agencies at the hospital, local, regional and state levels. Reports outcomes, decisions, recommendations to administration and appropriate sub-committees.
· Helps facilitate emergency preparedness training. Develops, prepares and delivers education presentations to staff and others.
· Support the implementation and continuous education of emergency systems throughout the organization. Ensures readiness for emergencies through the execution and critique of emergency preparedness drills.
· The Emergency Preparedness Coordinator implements the Hospital Preparedness Program (HPP) grant initiatives within the Healthcare Coalition.
· Must be willing to work outside of normal working hours, weekends and holidays as needed to support UChicago Medicine Advent Health Medical Centers
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Experience with or a working knowledge of HICS – mandatory.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and experience leading/managing a large, complex site.
· Strong verbal and written (report) communications skills and presentation skills.
· Strong judgment, problem-solving and crisis management skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, Power Point, Visio and Microsoft Outlook software.
· Other duties as assigned including regional and system wide EM tasks and activities.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· CHEP/CEM/AEM or other emergency management/hospital emergency management credential highly desirable.
· Must have or obtain within 90 days of employment: ICS 100, 200, 700. Other EM certifications such as ICS 300, 400 and 800 are highly desirable.
· Knowledge of applicable standards in emergency management (i.e. Joint Commission, state regulations, federal regulations and standards).
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Facility: UChicago Medicine AdventHealth Great Lakes
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $38.19 - $57.29
Location: Hinsdale, IL
Job ID: 23036184
Job Family: Emergency Services
Shift: 1 - Day