AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
AdventHealth Medical Group Urology at Kissimmee
Full Time - Physician Assistant
Campus Covered: AdventHealth Kissimmee
Our skilled, well-known and award-winning urologists at AdventHealth Medical Group Urology group offers the most advanced surgical and non-surgical treatments for urology conditions affecting both men and women. Through minimally-invasive, laparoscopic procedures and surgery using the acclaimed da Vinci® Surgical System, patients suffering from all manner of urologic disorders can find healing, often with same-day service.
The PA under the supervision of the Physician, who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for:
• Performs physical examinations of patients; evaluation and treatment of acute and chronic urologic conditions also including urologic oncology within the clinic and hospital setting
• Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc.
• Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed • Collaborates with physician and staff as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff • Procedures to include urodynamics, and eventually cystoscopy after training
• First assist with urologic surgeries such as removal of kidney stones, etc.
• Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth • Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, and the public.
• Call responsibility and weekend coverage
• Master’s degree in Physician Assistant (PA-C) Studies
• Bi- Lingual in Spanish
• 3 years of experience as a PA-C; Urology and Oncology
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
• Current, valid Florida PA or APRN license
• Certification by NCCPA, ANCC or equivalent
• First Assist Certification (APRN) • BLS & ACLS
AdventHealth Kissimmee, a part of AdventHealth Orlando, formerly Florida Hospital Kissimmee offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services in a full range of specialties. Some of the area’s finest doctors and surgeons practice today’s most cutting-edge treatments and techniques at our esteemed Osceola County campus. There’s nothing more important than the health and well-being of your family. When it comes to health care, your loved ones deserve elite medical services, personalized attention and a warm, nurturing environment that fosters healing and recovery. Our new hospital expansion to 162 beds delivers all of this and more. We’ve transformed our hospital into a world-class destination for individualized comprehensive care just for you.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
Hospital Website (https://www.adventhealth.com/hospital/adventhealth-kissimmee)
Orange County Parks and Recreation
Seminole County Parks and Recreation (http://www.seminolecountyfl.gov/departments-services/leisure-services/)
Orange County Florida
Category: Physician Services
Organization: AdventHealth Central Florida
Req ID: A122-KIS
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.