All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
· Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift : Rotating days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
Location: AdventHealth La Grange
The role you’ll contribute:
Provides distributive pharmacy services and technical support for the Pharmacist. Performs activities or tasks in specialty pharmacy services.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• Performs specialized duties such as hazardous drug compounding, medication history, nuclear, and Patient Assistance Program (PAP) as a pharmacy technician.
• Refills and maintains automated dispensing system. Prepares orders, maintains inventory, and repackages bulk medications. Receives and stores incoming supplies.
• Serves as a liaison between pharmacy, patient and health professionals by providing necessary information. Communicates with external resources such as retail pharmacies, provider officers, and data exchanges.
• Identifies and assists with patient medication access including, benefit investigation, prior authorization, and financial assistance.
• Assists Pharmacist in preparation of patient education materials.
• May give immunizations in accordance with state laws.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
· High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
· Pharmacy Tech credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required
· Pharmacy Tech credentialed from the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) preferred
· Pharmacy Tech credentialed from the National Healthcareer Association preferred
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Facility: UChicago Medicine AdventHealth Great Lakes
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Pay Range: $18.00 - $26.7
Location: La Grange, IL
Job ID: 24003217
Job Family: Pharmacy
Shift: 1 - Day