All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Nursing Clinical Ladder Program*
Team Based Nursing Model*
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift: 3/12’s 7p-7a including every other weekend
Location: Lake Wales
The community you’ll be caring for:
AdventHealth Lake Wales is a licensed 160-bed hospital, with 24-hour emergency care and outpatient services including imaging, rehab, lab and wound care, that has been serving the community and surrounding areas.
As a part of the AdventHealth network patients will have greater access to a wide range of innovative therapies, new research, leading-edge technology and an extensive team of medical specialists.
Lake Wales is located in Central Florida in between Orlando and Tampa and is home to the Historic Bok Tower Gardens and Bird Sanctuary.
As a Progressive Care Unit, our adult patient population consists of a vast array of disorders that require a multisystem approach.
This unit is truly blessed with exceptional Assistant Nurse Managers and Charge Nurses; however, the PCU is most proud of our bedside initiatives and the informal leaders working amongst the staff every shift.
We have a very involved team on our unit! We work together on initiatives such as patient experience, staff engagement, patient safety, and weekly updates.
Leaders support the day-to-day operations with the nurse manager. Our assistant nurse managers have divided themselves up to support the frontline team to provide growth opportunities. They support the team with timely communication of day-to-day changes in our health care system.
We serve adults through geriatric lifespan of development that require complex, comprehensive multidisciplinary care. The care team is comprised of nurses, patient care techs, monitor techs, HUCs, infection preventionists, care managers, physicians and nursing leaders. The nurse-to-patient ratio is 1:4 PCU patients. All of our nurse’s complete specialty training in ACLS and EKG monitoring. There are opportunities to become Dubroff, port certified and learn central line maintenance and care. Our unit works with contracted hospitalist group MDs to support the patients plan of care and throughput to discharge.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Registered Professional Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities to identified age specific groups. Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s Core Values of Quality and Service Excellence, Community Wellbeing, High Ethical Standards, Stewardship, and Inclusiveness as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program
· NURSING PROCESS: Completes timely assessments per Practice Guidelines including physiological, psychological, developmental, sociocultural, spiritual, and life-style factors, including signs of abuse or neglect. Makes appropriate decisions and interventions and nursing diagnosis according to patients actual or potential health conditions or needs. (American Nurses Association [ANA], 2012)
· NURSING PROCESS: Based on the assessment and diagnosis, sets measurable and achievable short and long-range goals for the patient (ANA, 2012), assisting in the development and implementation of an individualized plan of care. Prioritizes and completes follow up assessments, evaluates and modifies plan of care as needed. Nursing practice reflects mutual goal setting and whole person care including meeting the needs of the mind, body and spirit. (King, 1995)
· NURSING KNOWLEDGE: Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition, including, but not limited to lab results, non-invasive monitoring data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment associated with unit patient population.
· PATIENT SAFETY: Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety. Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it out in accordance with plan of care.
· COMMUNICATION: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding. Exhibits ability to utilize appropriate techniques, verbiage, and resources in all interactions with the patient to their level of understanding. Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team by completing thorough hand off communication in all situations. Follows chain of command when appropriate.
· DOCUMENTATION: Demonstrates knowledge and skill in the recording and accessing of all patient information in electronic medical record according to policy and in real time. Performs appropriate and legible documentation, recording all procedures and assessments within established timeframes, and in accordance with standards of care, departmental policy and practice guidelines.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Graduate of a school of nursing
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Lake Wales
Schedule: 1 - Day
Shift: AdventHealth Lake Wales
Req ID: 22020621
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.