All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift : Day
Location: 100 Health Park Drive, Louisville, CO 80027
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Avista
AdventHealth Avista is a 114 bed, Level 3 trauma center located in Louisville, Colorado. Our inpatient therapists see a variety of patients across the hospital units including ICU, Cardiac, Stroke, Spine and Orthopedic, Med/Surg, Oncology, PACU, and ED. Position dependent, therapists work a variety of weekdays and are required to cover two weekend shifts per month. Previous inpatient/acute care experience is preferred but not required. New graduates are encouraged to apply.
The role you’ll contribute:
Responsible for a continuum of services providing care to patients with neuromuscular, orthopedic and other physically-related disorders requiring mobility training, strengthening, modalities, specialized manual therapy and neuromuscular re-education. Utilizes rehab process to promote and restore optimal health and well-being of the patient. Assumes personal accountability for organizational mission and core values.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned.
• Evaluates patients, presenting or referred to physical therapy, by completing initial evaluation within time standards per department protocol.
• Applies appropriate diagnostic and prognostic testing for musculoskeletal, neurological and neuromuscular conditions. Standardized testing will include special tests to determine level of disability and track outcomes over the patient care experience.
• Performs a variety of best practice and evidence based therapeutic interventions to address the unique rehabilitation needs of each patient. Establishes appropriate treatment plan with measurable and attainable goals and time frames by collaborating with patient, family and other members of the health care team including discharge planning. Selects and implements therapy activities per plan of care to ensure that patient, family and therapy goals are met.
• Recognizes individual limitations and capabilities and utilizes available resources. Evaluates patients' learning style and appropriately teaches patients skills and techniques required for participation in physical therapy.
• Consults with other members of rehabilitation team to select the most appropriate activity and/or program for individual patients, based on patient needs and capabilities.
• Evaluates assigned patients and develops treatment plans including specific goals and activities, reassessing and modifying plans as necessary based on patient's current level of function and makes appropriate disposition recommendations.
• Communicates effectively to all patients, families, staff, physicians and other customers concerning physical medicine and rehabilitation services by direct verbal and/or written communication respecting confidentiality at all times.
• Documents all patient care activities including evaluations, progress notes and detailed treatment records per standards of practice and regulatory/third party payer requirements.
• Facilitates preparation of patient schedules, billing charges and other reports per medical records procedure through timely completion of documentation per policy. On all documentation, utilizes descriptive, behavioral terms using correct grammar, organizationally approved abbreviations and medical terminology.
• Documents ongoing status, interventions, patient response and outcomes to correctly capture billing charges.
• Participates in personal, professional and program development by attending department in-services, meetings and by sharing professional expertise to enhance quality of professional services and staff development.
• Assists in training physical therapy and physical therapist assistant students and other hospital personnel.
• Acts as a resource for new staff members and co-workers by sharing information and providing education.
• Adheres to professional code of ethics (APTA) and to all accreditation and regulatory requirements.
• Demonstrates effective time management and is proactive in prioritizing workload and meeting productivity requirements.
• Adapts to rapidly changing technologies, policies, regulations, census and staffing through priority setting and flexibility.
• Consistently demonstrates flexibility as evidenced by floating to other areas or sites and is agreeable to work flexible schedule including weekends, holidays and evening hours necessary to meet the needs of the patient and the department.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
Education and Experience Required
Education and Experience Preferred
Master's or Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy
Previous work experience providing direct patient care in outpatient, inpatient or inpatient rehab unit.
Prior use of electronic medical records (EMR)
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Facility: AH Rocky Mountain
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Pay Range: $33.43 - $55.14
Location: Louisville, CO
Job ID: 23028955
Job Family: Rehabilitation Services
Shift: 1 - Day