All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
- This role includes a $4.75/hr. specialty differential on top of your base rate.
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full time
Shift : Day
Location: AdventHealth Avista
100 Health Park Drive, Louisville, CO 80027
The community you’ll be caring for: Avista
The role you’ll contribute:
The Surgical Tech works under the supervision of the surgeon and RN. Assists surgical team during operative procedures by arranging and inventorying sterile set-up of instruments, equipment and supplies for surgical cases and passing items to surgeons and nurses as needed. Assists in preparing and moving patients and sterilizing and cleaning instruments, equipment and rooms.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• Uses physician preference card to identify supplies and equipment needed for the scheduled surgical or emergency procedures. Updates preference cards with any necessary changes.
• Sets up sterile table with instruments, supplies, equipment, and medications/solutions needed for procedure.
• Prepares solutions and medications used. Properly labels and reports amounts used for charting.
• Prepare back table and mayo stand anticipating needs of the surgeon and through the use of the
surgeon’s preference card.
• Provides supplies or equipment upon request for the surgeon, nurses and/or anesthesiologist.
• Assist with draping sterile field; drapes and covers operating and instrument tables.
• Performs appropriate counts with circulator prior to the operation, before incision is closed and as needed.
• Delivers surgical specimens/cultures from operative field to circulating nurse.
• Maintains highest standard of sterile technique during procedure by checking package integrity, indicators and opening procedures.
• Prepares and sterilizes supplies and equipment used in surgical procedures.
• Reviews and replaces supplies in the surgical case following a procedure. Discards expired medications per protocol.
• Assists with terminal cleaning of operating room. Puts equipment, supplies and instruments away as required. Assists in prepping room for the next patient.
• Holds retractors or instruments, sponges or suctions operative site, applies electrocautery to clamps on bleeders, cuts suture material, connects drains to suction apparatus and applies dressings to a wound.
• Ability to provide on-call coverage outside of standard scheduled hours per department and/or facility policy.
• Effectively communicates with surgeon and nursing staff.
• Anticipates possible problems or complications that could arise during case. Adjusts quickly and prepares for emergent cases that change work flow.
• Performs all duties in a conscientious, courteous and caring manner to maintain positive customer relations.
• Maintains efficiency under stress and with irregular working hours.
• Adheres to department procedures and acceptable protocols.
• Applies knowledge of the dress code related to Standard Precautions and consistently wears appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
• Reports any life safety issues, environmental concerns or process deviation to immediate supervisor.
• Participates in quality improvement, evidence-based practice and research activities.
• Participates in professional and program development by attending department in-services, meetings and by sharing professional expertise to enhance quality of patient care and staff development. Seeks specialty service learning opportunities and growth for advancement. Assists with the education of new staff and students.
• Demonstrates effective time management and is proactive in prioritizing workload and meeting productivity requirements.
• Adapts to rapidly changing technologies, policies, regulations, census and staffing through priority setting and flexibility.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
Minimum qualifications :
High School Diploma or equivalent
Completion of an approved Surgical Technician program
One year of experience in a surgical setting
Experience in a specialty field
Licensure, Certification or Registration required:
Current Basic Life Support for the American Heart Association
Current registration as a Surgical Tech (Department of Regulatory Agencies) is required unless performing Surgical Tech functions within the scope of another verified clinical Colorado license, certification or registration
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Facility: AH Rocky Mountain
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Pay Range: $26.26 - $42
Location: Louisville, CO
Job ID: 23047830
Job Family: Surgery
Shift: 3 - Night