All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Monday - Friday
The role you’ll contribute:
This position is responsible for contract review and interpretation; as well as, the building and maintenance of rates and terms into designated contract management systems for AdventHealth Florida Division and Ancillaries. Precision of the contract build ensures payer accountability and compliance to the negotiated contract rates and terms. This affords AdventHealth leadership the foundation for reporting and determining overall payer performance and allows AdventHealth the ability to accurately model contracts for future negotiations. The accuracy of these builds is also essential for estimating month-end net patient revenue for the Florida division.
This position assists the Sr. Contract Manager with ensuring that preferred contract language provides for ease of interpretation and system adjudication. Provides guidance and direction to PFS, Central Denials, Patient Access and Managed Care staff regarding contract terms and policies including; governmental initiatives, rules and regulations. Develops and maintains a strong working relationship with AdventHealth Florida Division leadership, AdventHealth Central Denials, Regional Revenue Cycle leadership including CBO, UR, CM, Patient Access, Revenue Integrity, HIM, Ancillary facilities and other internal departments in order to ensure compliance and awareness of negotiated contract terms and rates.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Demonstrates ability to build, maintain and test in complex contract management systems with a high degree of accuracy.
· Responsible for netting down system-wide accounts receivable.
· Responds to frequent inquiries from the corporate Net Revenue Accounting department to facilitate with month end net revenue calculations.
· Responsible for ensuring accurate patient estimation by providing direction to external vendor or through internal reimbursement calculations.
· Responsible for summarizing key contract data elements which are populated into the Managed Care database including addition of new payers, auto increases, renewals and termination.
· Accountable for accurately reporting key contract data elements to AdventHealth Florida Division leadership and ancillary facilities.
· Responsible for ensuring that the contract image database is maintained with current information that accurately represents contract activities. This includes providing all correspondence and contract language, including rate updates, to the Information Systems Coordinator for scanning with appropriate filing form for the purpose of reporting accurate information to hospital and ancillary department leadership.
· Provides the necessary feedback regarding system failures or inefficiencies so that the operational function of contracts and labor performance is not compromised.
· Facilitates Regional PFS departments, Case Management, Denial Management and ancillary facilities in articulating operational contract issues to the Payers and provides the forum to effectively discuss and share information between AdventHealth and payers.
· Maintains communication and coordinates with Payer to ensure timely execution of contract rate implementation.
· Ensures hospital staff, leadership and ancillaries are aware of any payer policy updates, operational changes, and governmental initiatives that may have a direct or indirect impact on hospital operations or contract terms and rates. Guides and directs facilities on processes based on this communication.
· Represents self and this organization in a professional and courteous manner and aligns self with the mission of AdventHealth so that every interaction is a true representation of our organization’s goals and values.
· Responsible for protecting confidential patient and contract information. Respects the privacy of patient related matters and ensures expeditious handling of related issues.
Support and Liaison-15%
· Supports and serves as liaison between Florida Regional PFS departments, payers, co-workers, Case Management, ancillaries, various hospital departments and leadership relative to continued education and the resolve of operational issues.
· Chairs quarterly Joint Operation Committee meetings consisting of key revenue cycle stakeholders, including but not limited to, medical directors, utilization management leaders and equivalent representatives from the health plan.
· Demonstrates an eagerness to assist co-workers in the completion of tasks as needed and encourages a team environment between hospital departments, regions and payors.
· Performs special projects and tasks as requested by senior staff and leadership.
· Supports the overall mission of AdventHealth and the role of the Managed Care department in that mission.
· Responsible for remaining current on regulatory changes that could impact reimbursement relative to CMS, Medicaid, Tricare and Workers Comp and effectively communicates this information with Managed Care team and other organizational leadership.
· Extracts pertinent contract information to update database which provides reports for distribution to Senior Staff, AdventHealth Florida and Multi-State Managed Care Directors and Ancillaries.
· Accountable for ensuring Payer updates (policy, system edits, operational changes, etc.) are appropriate and the implementation of such change is in alignment with the terms of the contract. Once determined, appropriate action taken to either educate hospital departments of upcoming changes or challenge the implementation with the payer.
· Remains current with all pertinent payer information and is responsible for sharing and educating hospital leadership and Ancillaries as appropriate. Ensures contract information is maintained in an organized manner and facilitates in the compliance of consistency of departmental operations.
Development, Education and Training-10%
· Maintain Epic Certification (CPE) – Continuing Professional Education
· Demonstrates a desire to grow and develop new skills required to perform his/her job duties. Shows the ability to be flexible in an environment of constant change and is willing to assist in the training and education of team members.
· Takes initiative and seeks opportunities for increased learning, education and training experience with the intent to stay informed of changes in the field of managed care as well as the objectives of this department.
· Actively participates in providing constructive feedback and ideas for new development of system and or operations.
· Provides input to leadership relative to system issues and reports inconsistencies effectively.
Deadlines, Timeliness and Performance Standards -10%
· Completes all tasks in the appropriate time period maintaining an acceptable work pace.
· In group situations, effectively contributes to the overall completion of work product according to the applicable directive and deadline.
· Readily adapts to new situations and changing priorities in order to accomplish department and personal goals.
· Adheres to applicable internal policies, procedure, and guidelines set forth by AdventHealth, its associated hospitals, and Ancillaries during the execution of assigned duties
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Microsoft Office
· Detail oriented
· High degree of competency in contract language interpretation
· Ability to problem solve and think analytically
· Strong organizational skills
· Effectively communicate with all department levels
· Ability to grow strong relationships
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Four to five years of experience in managed care, patient financial services or healthcare payer relations background
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Certification in Epic Contract Management
· Patient Accounting knowledge
· CPT/HCPCS coding knowledge
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business or Healthcare Administration or related field
· Five to seven years in healthcare, hospital revenue cycle or payer/provider relations
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Certification in Epic Contract Management
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Managed Care
Organization: AdventHealth Corporate
Schedule: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23009265
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.