All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Time Off from Day One
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining Texas Health Hospital Mansfield - AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. Texas Health Hospital Mansfield - AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Texas Health Hospital Mansfield- operates as a joint venture between Texas Health Resources and AdventHealth.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Monday – Friday
Location: 2300 Lone Star Road; Mansfield, TX 76063
The community you’ll be caring for:
· Join a family of caregivers focused on whole-person health and committed to making communities healthier.
· Provide wholistic care for patients that extends to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families. Chaplains are available to meet with patients, families and team members 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide spiritual support.
· Help develop a brand new $150 million community hospital and medical office building that will provide services such as Emergency Services, Medical/Surgical, ICU, Women’s Services, General Surgery, Orthopedics, Interventional Cardiology and Gastroenterology.
· Grow in your career with AdventHealth, named in 2018 by Becker’s Hospital Review as one of the “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare”. AdventHealth has partnered with Texas Health Resources, named in 2019 as one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For, to build Texas Health Mansfield, which is creating new opportunities for employment and professional growth.
· Thrive in the Mansfield community, ranked by CNN/Money Magazine as #17 for “Best Places to Live”. Mansfield is one of the fastest growing areas of North Texas, projected to reach more than 250,000 residents by 2023. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 41%, higher than the national average of 33.5%. Mansfield has top-rated schools, over 1000 acres of parkland, quality housing, a historic downtown area, recreational opportunities for all ages, and a growing business community.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Director is responsible for planning, developing, implementing and evaluating nursing care within areas of assigned responsibilities with 24-hour accountability. Director is responsible for assuring that department safety, quality and fiscal outcomes are achieved. He/she is responsible for assuring departmental staffing supports safety, quality and fiscal outcomes. Director is also responsible for coordinating departmental processes, including communication, with those of other hospital departments.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Develops and implements departmental safety program by using Employee Engagement, Safety Attitude Questionnaire (SAQ), Risk Master reports and other data sources.
· Oversees development and implementation of strategies for accomplishing departmental and organizational objectives.
· Develops and maintains effective departmental communication through regular staff meetings. Facilitates the flow of information from and to department and administration.
· Fosters an environment of service excellence for patients, families, physicians and community.
· Develops and implements annual budget. Monitors and makes adjustments to meet effective use of budgeted resources.
· Reviews labor management reports and ensures that established goals are met.
· In coordination with leadership staff and hospital administration, plans, develops, implements and evaluates marketing/program development initiatives.
· Develops and implements strategic and business plans.
· Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to safety and legal requirements as established by governing and regulatory agencies.
· Ensures that the selection, educating, staffing and disciplining of staff members complies with the standards, policies and practices of Texas Health Hospital Mansfield.
· Evaluates the learning needs of individuals within department and department as a whole. Assures in-services and other training programs meet identified needs.
· Promotes competency of staff through proper orientation, skill validation and education.
· Ensures that departmental files are maintained accurately and completed in compliance with established standards.
· Completes performance appraisal for all positions in areas of responsibility.
· Develops, implements and reviews policies, procedures and protocols for areas of responsibility.
· Maintains current knowledge of regulatory and licensure requirements and ensures compliance with regulations.
· Demonstrates competency in principles of performance improvement. Develops and implements effective PI program within areas of responsibility.
· Facilitates resolution of issues involving staff, patients, families and physicians as needed.
· Monitors the coordination of activities between hospital units for effective operations.
· Demonstrates responsibility for appropriate use of departmental equipment and supplies required in standard of care.
· Complies with policies and procedures of Texas Health Hospital Mansfield and AdventHealth.
· Participates in hospital based committees.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Ensures 24-hour continuity and appropriateness of patient care. On a daily basis, reviews core staffing plan based on patient acuity and census and makes adjustments as needed.
· Supports established standards of patient care.
· Makes regular rounds of assigned units to assess patient care, to ensure delivery of quality patient care and to ensure customer service standards are met or achieved.
· Serves as a role model in clinical specialty, demonstrating competency in clinical judgment, technical and mentoring skills and knowledge-based practice. Provides staff with advice and assistance regarding clinical issues.
· In collaboration with Department of Surgery Chief, facilitate Department of Surgery meetings.
· In collaboration with Anesthesia Section Chief, participates in on-going departmental operational review and improvement programs.
· Oversees surgical processes at Texas Health Hospital Mansfield facility.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
Minimum qualifications :
Graduate of an accredited Registered Nurse program upon hire
Minimum three years’ experience in operations/leadership required
Licensed to practice in the state of Texas or in a qualifying compact state
Current American Heart Association BLS certification upon hire
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Facility: Texas Health Huguley Hospital
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $56.15 - $84.23
Location: Mansfield, TX
Job ID: 24005589
Job Family: Surgery
Shift: 1 - Day