Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Medical Group
• Rollover PDO with service year increases in accrual
• Comprehensive benefits package; including tuition reimbursement and matching 403b plan
• Patient facing positions receiving company paid initial sets of scrubs
• Company Discount programs
• Growing Organization
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Evaluation with diagnostic testing and history taking in the patient population with a diagnosis or symptoms of a rhythm disorder or implantable cardiac device.
• Provides pre-and post-procedure care and education for patients undergoing pacemaker or ICD implantation, ablation, Watchman implant, or other electrophysiology procedures in the hospital and out-patient settings.
• Performs comprehensive History and Physical Examinations.
• Independently provides care to patients in electrophysiology clinic under general or indirect supervision.
• Regularly confers with electrophysiologists regarding diagnosis, treatment, and best form of therapy projected and alerts physicians to abnormal findings.
• Triages inpatient and/or Outpatient consults, patient phone calls, renews prescriptions, coordinates care, and assesses post-procedure problems.
• Facilitates patient discharges including patient education and follow-up care instructions with provisions for continuity of care after discharge.
• Assist and coordinate patient care with nursing and ancillary staff in the care of AdventHealth electrophysiology patients.
• Documentation of all orders, procedures, and progress notes on the patients’ electronic medical record.
• Interprets and documents remote device interrogations, holters, and event monitor tracings.
• Examine patients, take medical histories, maintain patient records, identify health risk factors, prescribe medications, make referrals, and otherwise treat health conditions.
• Assists with in-office procedures with physician and or may perform minor procedures independently.
• Reads and interprets electrocardiograms.
• Interrogation and adjustment to pacemaker settings in collaboration with Cardiologist.
• Provide post-procedural follow-up care in the outpatient practice setting.
• Interpret, monitor, and adjust anticoagulation therapy.
• Supervision of nuclear stress tests and treadmill stress tests in the inpatient and outpatient practice setting.
• Will diagnose and treat in collaboration with the supervising Cardiologist, adult cardiovascular patients in addition to a variety of chronic health conditions including but not limited to diabetes, hypertension, hyperlipidemia etc.
• Will follow care plans developed by/with supervising Cardiologist.
• Determines abnormalities by administering and/or ordering diagnostic tests, such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies.
• Interpreting test results of patients.
• Instructs and counsels patients.
• Document patient care services by charting in the patient and department records.
• Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
• Focus on patient wellness and disease prevention.
• Provide health education services and/or counsel patients on how to make healthy lifestyle choices.
• Will need to work weekdays and potentially take practice call evenings and weekends.
• Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external patients and customers—in person or on the telephone.
• Exhibits respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships within the practice and other departments.
• Demonstrate AdventHealth Medical Group’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork through daily interactions with patients and their families, and with the medical staff.
• Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Proactively support a culture of safety and quality to protect our patients and employees.
• Honor’s patient’s rights by following privacy guidelines, HIPAA, and code of ethics with our patients, physicians, co-workers, and guests.
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation.
• Demonstrates commitment to professional and personal growth, i.e., completes all mandatory educational requirements, maintains certifications, attend continuing education courses/seminars, and acts as designated preceptor.
• Contributes to a physician’s effectiveness by being part of the team, identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed; and help develop the staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and growth opportunities.
• May attend hospital conferences specific to the specialty of Cardiology and Cardiac Electrophysiology.
• Risk Management: understand method and reasoning for reporting incidents, completion of hospital incident report form, assists department manager or others in recognizing and reducing risk within the department and other areas of the hospital.
• Service Management: Demonstrates courteous service, and ability to meet special needs or requests, performs duties and a timely manner and provides updates if a delay occurs, communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal and external patients, in person or by telephone. Respects patient’s privacy, confidentiality, and dignity.
• Understands and Complies with the Environment of Care/Infection Control Responsibilities.
• Is Knowledgeable and Complies with the States Institutional Activities and Expectations.
• Age Specific Standards.
· EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· MSN (Master’s of Nursing)
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a RN in the Cardiology setting
· Minimum 3 years’ experience as Cardiology APRN and 1 year experience as a Cardiac Electrophysiology APRN preferred.
· Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
· Provides direct care with licensing credentials under the auspices of supervising MD.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
• Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
• Licensure as an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner in the State of Florida.
• Advanced Registered Nurse Certification
• Continuing education required to maintain licensure
• Attain IBHRE certification as a cardiac device specialist within first 2 years of employment.
The Cardiac Electrophysiology Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) functions as a member of the Cardiovascular Services medical care management team. The Cardiac Electrophysiology APRN may diagnose medical conditions, plan, and implement treatment collaboratively agreed to in the Florida Hospital Physician Group medical staff delineation of clinical privileges for Advanced Practice Registered Nurses. Depending on the practice, the APRN may be required to take practice call.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Facility: AdventHealth Medical Group West FL
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $46.24 - $69.354
Location: Ocala, FL
Job ID: 23033681
Job Family: Physician Services
Shift: 1 - Day