All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Benefits from Day One
· Paid Days Off from Day One
· Career Development
· Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
· Sign-on Bonus Up to $10,000 for Eligible Applicants
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Days
Location: 1500 SW 1 st Ave Ocala, Florida 34471
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Ocala
· Horse Capital of the World – Home to the World Equestrian Center
· Affordable cost of living
· Destination for outdoor enthusiast (golf, kayaking, horseback riding, nature trails)
· Vibrant downtown area with award winning establishments
· Family friendly with many parks and recreations
· Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
· Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
· AdventHealth Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
· Spectacular springs throughout the county
The role you’ll contribute:
Prepares and maintains the surgical area, scrubs and is first assistant to the physician during procedures, assists the RN in technical functions related to patient care in the OR and assists in the training of others and functions as a resource within the department.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
A. The surgeon shall convey the exact position that will give the best exposure for the surgical procedure. The surgical assistant will carry out this order. Consideration will be given to the patient’s comfort and safety.
B. Points of pressure shall be padded: elbows, heels, knees, eyes, face, and axillary region.
C. Circulation shall not be impaired. (A tourniquet may be required for some procedures.)
D. Nerve damage shall be guarded against.
E. The temperature of the patient should be discussed with the anesthesia personnel and methods employed to maintain the desired temperature range.
F. The surgical assistant shall be familiar with common positions related to the surgical procedure and will be able to use the equipment necessary to provide the position.
Competencies will include the following:
(1) Fracture tables
(2) Head stabilizers
(3) Body stabilizers
(4) C-arm extensions
(5) Any other equipment needed
G. Upon completion of the procedure, the patient shall be evaluated for any possible damage from positioning which will include assessment of the skin. The abnormal condition shall be reported to the surgeon and treatment and documentation shall be carried out.
A. Appropriate placement and securing of retractors with or without padding.
B. Packing with sponges
C. Digital manipulation of tissue
D. Suctioning, irrigating, or sponging
E. Manipulation of suture materials (e.g., loops, tags, running sutures).
F. Proper use of body mechanics to prevent obstruction of the surgeon’s view.
(1) Clamping and/or cauterizing vessels or tissue
(2) Tying and/or ligating clamped vessels or tissue
(3) Applying hemostatic clips
(4) Placing local hemostatic agents
(5) Intraoperative Stapling Devices
(1) Applying tourniquets and demonstrating awareness of the indications/contraindications for use with knowledge of side effects of extended use.
(2) Applying vessel loops
(3) Applying non-crushing clamps
(4) Applying direct digital pressure
Participating in volume replacement or auto-transfusion techniques as appropriate.
Utilizing appropriate techniques to assist with closure of body planes.
a. Utilizing running or interrupted subcutaneous sutures with absorbable or non-absorbable material.
b. Utilizing subcuticular closure technique with or without adhesive skin closure strips.
c. Closing skin with method indicated by surgeon (suture, staples, etc.
d. Postoperative subcutaneous injection of local anesthetic agent as directed by the surgeon.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
High School education or equivalent.
Successful completion of an accredited Surgical Technology Course.
Completion of Certified Surgical First Assisting Program
Certification as a CST (Certified Surgical Technologist)
Certification through one of the following accredited programs
· National Board of Surgical Technician and Surgical Assistant (NBSTA) as a (CSFA)
· National Commission for the Certification of Surgical Assistants (NCCSA) as a (CSA)
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Facility: AdventHealth Ocala
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $27.96 - $42.37
Location: Ocala, FL
Job ID: 23043321
Job Family: Surgery
Shift: 1 - Day