All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Benefits from Day One
· Student Loan Repayment Program
· Career Development
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
· Schedule: Full-time
· Shift : Shifts availability varies and will be confirmed at the time of the interview.
· The community you will be caring for: AdventHealth Fish Memorial 1055 Saxon Blvd Orange City, FL 32763
The role you will contribute:
The Pathology Transcriptionist III performs transcription activities in support of the pathologists, pathologists' assistant, and pathology department; as well as including some clerical and/or related secretarial duties. The position requires exercise of judgement under supervision. Work involves theoretical and/or practical knowledge in various medical and laboratory operations and support functions, as well as general office support activities.
The value you will bring to the team:
· Performs accurate transcription of recorded medical dictation into designated report format, as needed to support Pathologists, Pathologists' Assistants and selected individual laboratory departments
· Performs assigned activities related to the department including inventory control, general equipment and space maintenance, receptionist/clerical tasks which may include general word processing (typing), filing, distribution of interoffice memos, mail, scanning, and faxing.
· Supports cross departmental partnerships and communication amongst Pathologists, Pathologists' Assistants, hospital staff and clients taking immediate steps to correct, follow through and report any mistakes or errors to department manager
· Provides resolution to customer service issues within guidelines
The expertise and experiences you will need to succeed:
· Five years of experience in medical dictation transcription
· Medical Terminology training
· High School Diploma or GED
· Experience with Clinical and Anatomical Laboratory Processes
· Completion of two-year transcription program with certificate
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $19.47 - $29.201
Location: Orange City, FL
Job ID: 24004359
Job Family: Laboratory
Shift: 1 - Day