AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
AdventHealth Medical Group Palliative Care - Inpatient Opportunity – APRN or PA
Opportunity Serving AdventHealth Orlando
The APRN or PA-C, under the supervision of the Physician(s), who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for:
• Performs physical examinations and medical management of palliative care patients in the hospital setting including new consultations, admissions, and follow ups of patients per hospital and palliative team protocol
• Primary hospital covered will be the Orlando campus, but APP could be requested to cover other Central Florida campuses on an occasional basis.
• Provide symptom management for patients including, but not limited pain, constipation, nausea, vomiting, dyspnea, delirium, anxiety, and depression
• Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, as needed after collaboration with attending physician
• Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
• Collaborates with multidisciplinary team including physicians and social workers as necessary to provide consistent care to patients through hospitalization
• Always displays a compassionate and professional attitude as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
• 5- 8hr days per week
• Campus: AH Orlando
Required Knowledge and Skills:
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, and the public.
• Desire to learn and improve skillset
• Effective communication skills
• Ability to reflect on one’s own strengths and weaknesses
• Motivated to grow as a provider
• Ability to manage elevated emotions and dying patients
• Comfort with a fast-growing department
• Competitive Salary
• Comprehensive Benefits
• Extremely low-cost health care premiums
• Relocation Assistance
• Master’s degree in Nursing or Physician Assistant studies
• Experience in Palliative care, ICU hospitalist, or oncology
Required Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
• Current, valid Florida APRN or PA license
• ANCC, AANP (or equivalent) or NCCPA Certification
• Current BLS and ACLS required
• Current, valid DEA license
AdventHealth Orlando is an internationally renowned hospital that specializes in life-saving medical treatments, preventative care and pioneering research. Our healing network includes 30 hospitals and more than 100 extended service locations across the state of Florida. Everything we do is designed to fulfill our ultimate goal — to help people live a healthier, fuller life in mind, body and spirit.
AdventHealth Orlando is our 1,364 bed tertiary facility with close to 160 ICU beds. It is at the center of nine other hospitals around the greater Orlando area, which total approximately 3,000 beds. AdventHealth operates many hospitals across nine different states; 30 of which are in Florida. Our mission has remained the same and is to Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Since 1908, AdventHealth Orlando has cared for the Central Florida community as well as patients from around the world. AdventHealth Orlando is an acute-care, tertiary hospital caring for approximately 300,000 patients a year. As the primary campus for more than 1,000 physicians, AdventHealth Orlando is home to nationally recognized Centers of Excellence for Cancer, Cardiology, Children, Diabetes, Neuroscience, Orthopaedics, and Abdominal and Cardiothoracic Transplant.
AdventHealth Orlando was named a 2022-2023 Best Hospital by the magazine U.S. News & World Report . The hospital was ranked No. 1 in the Orlando metro area, and No. 2 in the state. It is the 12th year in a row AdventHealth Orlando has claimed the top spot in Orlando. In addition, the hospital was ranked among the top 50 in the nation for six medical specialties: cancer; diabetes and endocrinology; gastroenterology and GI surgery; neurology and neurosurgery; obstetrics and gynecology; and orthopedics.
AdventHealth is conveniently close to many gorgeous homes, downtown urban living, shopping, and great schools. As one of the most visited American cities, Orlando has world-class attractions including Universal Studios, Walt Disney World, and easy access to both coasts for numerous world renown beaches. Orlando is home to major league soccer (Orlando City Lions), NBA basketball (Orlando Magic) as well as University of Central Florida sports. The city also has many public and private universities and colleges. The Dr. Phillips Center for Performing Arts hosts variety of musical and theatrical performances throughout the year.
Hospital Website (https://www.adventhealth.com/hospital/adventhealth-orlando)
AdventHealth Graduate Medical Education
Orange County Parks and Recreation (https://www.orangecountyfl.net/cultureparks.aspx)
Seminole County Parks and Recreation
Orange County Florida (https://www.orangecountyfl.net/)
Osceola County Florida
Category: Physician Services
Organization: AdventHealth Central Florida
Req ID: ORL-A048_1
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.