AdventHealth Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s eleven campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, AdventHealth for Children, East Orlando, Kissimmee, Orlando, Winter Park, Waterman, Winter Garden, and AdventHealth for Women
Surgical Oncology Physician Assistant
Full-Time Inpatient and Outpatient Role Serving AdventHealth Orlando
The PA-C, under the supervision of the Physician(s) who acts as the collaborative practitioner(s), is responsible for:
• Performs history and physical examinations of patient’s evaluation and treatment of surgical oncology patients primarily in the inpatient setting at our Orlando campus.
• Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc.
• Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
• Exhibits autonomy in the operating room and hospital when required
• Performs first assistant duties in the operating room.
• Writes postop orders in the recovery room, , performs post op procedures and more
• Return phone calls of from patients
• Collaborates with physician supervisor and staff, as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff, including hospital rounds and inpatient consults
• Candidate will also see patients in the outpatient setting as needed.
• Assist in preparing patient for surgery.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, and the public
• Main Location: AdventHealth Orlando
• Schedule: Monday – Friday; 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM with some flexibility
• If required, weekend assistance
• 90% hospital, 10% office mixture
• Call rotation including rounding
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Strong surgical skills with OR experience in complex abdominal procedures both in open laparoscopic and robotic approach.
• Strong communication skills
• Strong medical decision-making skills
• Strong clinical background with an emphasis on oncology, mainly in foregut, hepatobiliary and pancreatic related conditions
Required Education and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Physician Assistant (PA-C) Studies
• 2-4 years of experience as PA-C in Surgery practice
Required Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
• Current, valid Florida PA license
• NCCPA (or equivalent) certification
• BLS, ACLS Certification
• DEA Licensure
• ONS Certification preferred
AdventHealth Orlando is an internationally renowned hospital that specializes in life-saving medical treatments, preventative care and pioneering research. Our healing network includes 30 hospitals and more than 100 extended service locations across the state of Florida. Everything we do is designed to fulfill our ultimate goal — to help people live a healthier, fuller life in mind, body and spirit.
AdventHealth Orlando is our 1,364 bed tertiary facility with close to 160 ICU beds. It is at the center of nine other hospitals around the greater Orlando area, which total approximately 3,000 beds. AdventHealth operates many hospitals across nine different states; 30 of which are in Florida. Our mission has remained the same and is to Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Since 1908, AdventHealth Orlando has cared for the Central Florida community as well as patients from around the world. AdventHealth Orlando is an acute-care, tertiary hospital caring for approximately 300,000 patients a year. As the primary campus for more than 1,000 physicians, AdventHealth Orlando is home to nationally recognized Centers of Excellence for Cancer, Cardiology, Children, Diabetes, Neuroscience, Orthopaedics, and Abdominal and Cardiothoracic Transplant.
AdventHealth Orlando was named a 2023-2024 Best Hospital by the magazine U.S. News & World Report . The hospital was ranked No. 1 in the Orlando metro area, and No. 2 in the state. It is the 13th year in a row AdventHealth Orlando has claimed the top spot in Orlando. In addition, the hospital was ranked among the top 50 in the nation for four medical specialties: cancer; diabetes and endocrinology; neurology and neurosurgery; and obstetrics and gynecology.
AdventHealth is conveniently close to many gorgeous homes, downtown urban living, shopping, and great schools. As one of the most visited American cities, Orlando has world-class attractions including Universal Studios, Walt Disney World, and easy access to both coasts for numerous world renown beaches. Orlando is home to major league soccer (Orlando City Lions), NBA basketball (Orlando Magic) as well as University of Central Florida sports. The city also has many public and private universities and colleges. The Dr. Phillips Center for Performing Arts hosts variety of musical and theatrical performances throughout the year.
Hospital Website (https://www.adventhealth.com/hospital/adventhealth-orlando)
AdventHealth Graduate Medical Education
Orange County Parks and Recreation (https://www.orangecountyfl.net/cultureparks.aspx)
Seminole County Parks and Recreation
Orange County Florida (https://www.orangecountyfl.net/)
Osceola County Florida
Category: Physician Services
Organization: AdventHealth Central Florida
Req ID: ORL-A294-CAN-Surg Onc-Repl
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: -
Location: Orlando, FL
Job ID: ORL-A294-CAN-Surg Onc-Repl
Job Family: Physician Services