Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time - Mental Health Nursing Experience
Shift : Days
The community you’ll be caring for:
Our mission is to provide an environment where students can develop spiritually, intellectually, socially, and physically while pursuing professional expertise integrated with Christian values
The role you’ll contribute:
The Assistant Professor is a respected member of the University faculty and has begun to serve as a mentor to colleagues and students. Appointment as Assistant Professor signifies demonstrated competence as an educator with a promise of excellence, competence in professional service, and evidence of promise in scholarship. The Assistant Professor participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Provide course syllabi for instruction.
· Develop, design and deliver instruction in assigned courses.
· Participate in Student Advising and Mentoring.
· Formulate and administer, as needed, student competencies.
· Engage in the academic roles of teaching, service, scholarship and research.
· Grade examinations and assignments and review evaluations with students.
· Review and assist with revisions as needed for department policies and procedures.
· Identify and recommend to ASN Program Director appropriate community agency linkages for student learning experiences.
· Makes appropriate clinical assignments.
· Conducts student orientation to the clinical sites.
· Supervises students in the clinical setting in the application of theory to practice.
· Participates with the team to plan theory and clinical content of the course.
· Documents areas of concern and prescribes appropriate process for remediation.
· Evaluates learning resources such as reference material, audio/visual aids, computer assisted learning programs, and library acquisitions.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Master of Science in Nursing degree from a regionally accredited academic institution. The degree must be either in the assigned area of education or in an area that directly contributes to the professional assignment.
· At least three years of effective teaching nursing experience in the area of academic or professional expertise.
· Three years of clinical experience.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Multi-State RN License
· Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $29.49 - $44.235
Location: Orlando, FL
Job ID: 23037831
Job Family: Education
Shift: 1 - Day