*Application must include published writing samples
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
The community you’ll be caring for:
Location: 601 E. Rollins St., Orlando, FL 32801
· Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
· serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
· AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
· We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
The role you’ll contribute:
The Internal communications manager is responsible for the development and execution of internal communications that support AdventHealth’s business priorities through internal storytelling, employee advocacy, and other culture-building activities. Provides strategic thought leadership directly to senior executives on major communications initiatives impacting AdventHealth both internally and externally and develops strategic communication plans and messaging that takes into account both internal and external audiences.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism or related field.
· Five years of experience in corporate communications, journalism, or related field.
· Experience executing strategic communications plans across a variety of internal and external channels, including social media.
· Experience planning and overseeing events.
· Experience coordinating video shoots.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Effective oral and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex information in understandable terms to all levels of staff
· Outstanding presentation skills
· Strong organization skills
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
· Effective computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
· Ability to work in a matrix-management environment to achieve organizational goals
· Working knowledge of various social media outlets.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current Florida Drivers License
· An internal communications manager may have individuals reporting to them.
· Internal communications experience in a corporate setting.
· Presentation design and development.
· Social media deployment.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Develops and enhances relationships with key leaders in the lines of business where the manager provides internal communications counsel and support.
· Participates in 24-hour, on-call availability.
· Leads the planning and delivery of public affairs (community and government advocacy) content for internal audiences.
· Creates action plans and messaging covering a multitude of campus and system goals shared across a variety of internal vehicles.
· Working closely with the director of internal communications and senior managers, proactively identifies and manages potential issues and opportunities that would impact AdventHealth, both internally and externally.
· Partners with external communications teams to strategically share external, executive and citizenship activities with internal audiences.
· Supports the creation of crisis communication plans and the development of tools that assist with management of emergency preparedness across the division.
· Conducts communication audits and evaluates methods of communication.
· May provide leadership and mentoring to internal communications specialists.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Facility: AdventHealth Central Florida
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $39.59 - $59.38
Location: Orlando, FL
Job ID: 24003747
Job Family: Marketing & Communications
Shift: 1 - Day