Medical Assistant II - AdventHealth Orlando
Location: 2415 N. Orange Ave Suite 700 Orlando, FL 32804
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family: (Customizable
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Nursing Clinical Ladder Program*
- Team Based Nursing Model*
* Nursing or BU specific benefits and perks
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time Days
Shift : 8am - Monday - Friday 7:30am- 4:00pm
The role you’ll contribute:
Under the general direction of the clinic manager, the Medical Assistant II is responsible for assisting in promoting the highest quality of service with a spirit of willingness, cooperation and cordiality to both patients and staff. Provides support to physicians and nurses by coordinating patient flow and assisting with various activities including the coordination of pre-office visit care, clinical care during office visit and post-office visit clinical care. In addition, the Medical Assistant II is responsible for the daily management of clinic consult room readiness and ongoing clinic regulatory readiness. Assists with the on-boarding, training and professional development of the Medical Assistant I position and assists with the execution of quality improvement ideas and suggestions. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• Delivers excellent customer service to the patients, families and other care providers, focusing on family centered care by displaying a positive attitude and demonstrates a professional demeanor with every patient encounter.
• Coordinates pre-office visit scheduling, chart review and general clerical activities.
• Under the direct supervision and responsibility of a licensed physician, coordinates clinical care during clinic visit.
• Coordinates post-office visit clinical care including scanning of all recent clinic visit documents, ensures diagnostic tests, lab results and medical records are reviewed by physician and scheduling of diagnostic procedures.
• Daily management of clinic consult rooms readiness including ensuring cleanliness, adequate stocking of supplies, and appearance as specified by the clinic manager.
• Actively participates in surveys (on-site and desktop) from regulatory and licensing agencies.
• Assists with the on-boarding, training and professional development of the Medical Assistant I and mentorship of select individuals within the transplant programs.
• Assists with the execution of quality improvement ideas and suggestions to improve the patient experience of care, improve the health of the populations served and reduce the cost of clinic care.
• Follows CDC isolation guidelines, infection control practices, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs hand washing per policy and enforces after regulation.
Minimum qualifications :
• Two years of experience in a complex practice environment within the last three years
• American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) certification
• Current Basic Life Support (BLS)
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Schedule: 1 - Day
Shift: AdventHealth Orlando
Req ID: 23016529
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $16.36 - $19.96
Location: Orlando, FL
Job ID: 23016529
Job Family: Translife
Shift: 1 - Day