All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Nursing or BU specific benefits and perks
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Days and Nights 12 hour shift ,Occasionally 24 hours shifts
The community you’ll be caring for:
• Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
• We offer great benefits with immediate Health Insurance coverage
• Career growth and advancement potential
• Serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
• AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
• We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
The role you’ll contribute:
OurLegacy is designated by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) as the only organ procurement organization (OPO) in east central Florida and is accredited by the American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB) as a tissue recovery agency. OurLegacy's scope of operations extends to each of the following hospitals within the AdventHealth's Hospital system: Altamonte, Apopka, Celebration, Daytona Beach, Deland, East Orlando, Fish Memorial, Kissimmee, New Smyrna Beach, Orlando, Palm Coast, Waterman and Winter Park. Additionally, CMS has designated OurLegacy to provide organ and tissue donation services to all nonAdventHealth acute care and critical access hospitals and free-standing emergency rooms in the following counties: Brevard, Flagler, Indian River, Lake, Okeechobee, Orange, Osceola, Seminole, Sumter and Volusia.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• Assumes 24 hour on-call responsibility for consistent and timely response to organ donor referrals and to import organ offers for local transplant centers.
• Provides family support and request authorization for organ and tissue donation in a sensitive and compassionate manner.
• Ensures organs transplanted from OurLegacy donors meet CMS, CDC and OPTN safety standards. This includes ensuring all required infectious disease tests are performed on all donors; all specimens arrive at the designated lab are accurately labeled; the results of all tests are correctly transcribed into OurLegacy and OPTN electronic databases; and correctly received by transplanting centers.
• Directs hospital physicians and nurses in all aspects of donor evaluation and management according to OurLegacy policies in concert with the OurLegacy Medical Director/designee. When barriers to testing exist, is capable of marshaling appropriate OurLegacy and donor hospital partners to address problems and implement solutions.
• Communicates with OurLegacy team leader, director on call and medical director to assure all decisions are made with the goal of obtaining all possible transplantable organs and tissues from every donor.
• Allocates organs according to OPTN policy. When barriers to policy compliance exist is able to address problems and implement solutions independently or identify resources to bring about solutions.
• Oversees the organ donor surgical procedure to recover, preserve, label, package and transport all viable organs. The OPC is the leader of the organ recovery procedure.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse, OR
Current Florida License for PA, or RT, OR
Florida EMT-B certification, OR
Florida EMT-P certification, OR
CurrentCertified Procurement Transplant Coordinator by the American Board for Transplant Certification
Valid Florida Driver’s License, Class D or E, and driving record in accordance with Florida Hospital policy
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Schedule: 1 - Day
Shift: AdventHealth Orlando
Req ID: 23001619
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $35.17 - $52.76
Location: Orlando, FL
Job ID: 23001619
Job Family: Translife
Shift: 1 - Day