Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Per Diem - Student services
Shift : Days
The community you’ll be caring for:
Our mission is to provide an environment where students can develop spiritually, intellectually, socially, and physically while pursuing professional expertise integrated with Christian values
The role you’ll contribute:
Tutors assist students in academic support by meeting them on a regular basis to clarify learning problems and work on study skills. Tutoring is a supplement to teaching. Tutors provide motivation for learning and act as role models for their peers. They work on an individual basis or in group sessions to answer student’s questions on course content and provide study strategies to aid in the mastery of course content. They actively provide an outstanding academic support service and accept responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. They assist students with developing effective study habits, use of appropriate learning resources and learning strategies to enhance student learning.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Tutors function at the discretion of the program coordinator in those courses considered appropriate: based on curriculum and facilitating both individual and group sessions.
· Assists the student in developing effective learning strategies, use of appropriate equipment and resources to stimulate their subject knowledge and improve critical thinking skills.
· Create and maintain a tutoring schedule convenient to both the student and the tutor.
· Maintain accurate and up to date records of each tutoring session.
· Maintain strict confidentiality of all student information, material and discussions shared in the tutoring relationship.
· Perform front desk activities including answering the phone, scheduling, record keeping in the absence of the Tutor Coordinator.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
· Current student at AdventHealth University (AHU)
· Successfully completed course(s) of interest with a grade of B or higher
· Recommendation form/letter from either of the following:
o Recommendation form or letter from either an instructor, teacher, professor, academic chair, employer, or volunteer supervisor to tutor a General Education course
o Recommendation form or letter from a AS/BS Professional Program Instructor or Chair to tutor a AS or BS Professional Program course
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Pay Range: $13.00 - $14.4
Location: Orlando, FL
Job ID: 23047804
Job Family: Student Worker
Shift: 1 - Day