Research Scientist Postdoctoral TRI AdventHealth Orlando
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
• Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
• We offer great benefits with immediate Health Insurance coverage
• Career growth and advancement potential
• Serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
• AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
• We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
• Full Time
You Will Be Responsible For:
Design, construction and implementation of translational research proposals, protocols, and procedures.
Assist with the analysis of research data in collaboration with Biostatisticians and TRI faculty.
Preparation of scholarly manuscripts and final study reports (where applicable) to communicate results of the research to the broader scientific community
Supervision of data collection by TRI research core staff including but not limited Clinical Operations, Energy Metabolism, BioRepository, and Clinical Research Unit.
Attend and give seminars under the direction of the Senior Scientist/Scientific Director
Participation in scientific presentations and publication of research data
Research grant application preparation
What Will You Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
MD and /or PhD in a scientific field such as chemistry, biology, or exercise science
Established competency in research as evidenced by published (peer reviewed) research and/or prior work experience.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED :
The Postdoctoral Research Scientist assists in the translational research at the Translational Research Institute and participates in Industry/NIH/Pharmaceutical and government sponsored and investigator initiated research that supports the TRI scientific research plan. Responsible for helping to develop a research program in their field area, and provides guidance to other support staff in the performance of protocol specific tasks. Helps to ensure that all research performed under their direction is in compliance with all AdventHealth, TRI, local, state, and federal laws, policies and procedures. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Facility: AdventHealth Central Florida
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $34.15 - $66.84
Location: Orlando, FL
Job ID: 23022685
Job Family: Research
Shift: 1 - Day