YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
* Nursing or BU specific benefits and perks
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
The community you’ll be caring for:
• Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
• We offer great benefits with immediate Health Insurance coverage
• Career growth and advancement potential
• Serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
• AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
• We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
The role you’ll contribute:
The registered dietitian utilizes the nutrition care process to screen, assess, diagnose, offer nutrition intervention, and monitor the nutrition status and progress of patients. The registered dietitian uses the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Standards of Practice in Nutrition Care and Standards of Professional Performance for registered dietitians.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• Assessment- Completes nutrition focused physical assessments, takes measurements, reviews medical records, collects data via interviews, utilizes validated tools, evaluates anthropometric status, and calculates estimated comparative standards.
• Diagnosis- Evaluates assessment data to identify nutrition risks, nutrition problems, criteria consistent with malnutrition, knowledge deficits, and/or high-risk health behaviors.
• Intervention- Offers nutrition recommendations, orders, education/counselling, and/or referral to other services.
• Education and Counselling- Provides counseling and education that reflects appropriate health literacy and cultural sensitivity to patients with disease processes that require nutritional management. Uses evidenced based theories and concepts to include transtheoretical model and motivational interviewing.
• Monitoring- Makes follow-up available to detect progress. Adjust nutrition plans of care to reach nutrition goals and to promote optimal outcomes.
• Leadership- Makes supervised practice experience available to dietetic interns and new employees that satisfy learning objectives. Remains abreast of emerging research applications and evidenced-based guidelines, Participates in research, performance improvement, and initiatives.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Bachelor's degree in nutrition or nutrition related field AND 3-year clinical experience
• OR Graduate degree in nutrition or nutrition related field AND 1-year clinical experience
• Current active registered dietitian status with Commission of Dietetic Registration (CDR)
• Current active licensed status in the state in which they practice.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Nutritional Services
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Schedule: 1 - Day
Shift: AdventHealth Orl Support
Req ID: 22013029
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.