AdventHealth Orlando Cardiovascular Operating Room
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· *$20,000 Sign-on Bonus and $3,000 Relocation available for eligible candidates (see terms below)
· Benefits from Day One
· Paid Days Off from Day One
· Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
· Nursing Clinical Ladder Program
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Location: 601 E Rollins St. Orlando, FL 32803
The community you’ll be caring for:
· Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
· serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
· AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
· We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
Cardiovascular Operating Room
· $2 Speciality Pay Included
· AdventHealth Orlando Cardiovascular Surgery has 7 CVOR’s and one hybrid one.
· We perform a full array of cardiovascular surgeries including bypass, valve replacement/repair, TAVR, heart transplant, lung transplant, multiorgan transplant, VAD insertions, impella insertion, ECMO and pediatric congenital heart procedures.
· The thoracic line has 3 OR’s, one equipped with a Davinci XI robot.
· A variety of lung esophageal, and chest procedures are done including HIOC (heated intraoperative chemotherapy) cases for mesothelioma.
· We performed over 3,400 Cardiovascular and thoracic specific surgeries last year. Our Cardiovascular program is recognized as an ELSO Center of excellence for both adults and pediatrics, has a Nationally accredited TAVR program, and our heart transplant team is ranked 5 th in the nation.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Advanced Cardiothoracic Registered Nurse First Assistant (RNFA) initiates appropriate behaviors unique to first assisting, under direct supervision of the surgeon. Applies knowledge of complex Cardiothoracic surgical anatomy and physiology and operative technique relating to operative procedures, while maintaining a sterile environment. Performs specialized nursing care in all phases of the Cardiothoracic peri-operative role. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Demonstrates through behavior, Advent Health’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork.
· Performs all aspects of clinical patient care. Identifies and develops individualized plan of care. Assesses and interprets data relative to patient’s age. Evaluates patient’s developmental level, identifies increased physical / emotional dependency needs and evaluates the availability of support system consistent with the age of the patient served. Identifies the need for patient / family teaching and utilizes each opportunity for teaching on a planned or spontaneous basis.
· Provides first assistance intra-operatively and under the direction of the surgeon which includes providing tissue exposure, handling, and/or cutting of tissue, cauterizing tissue, providing homeostasis and suturing, applying dressings, as well as performing other duties as assigned in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act of the state of Florida. Maintains privileges in good standing through AdventHealth Medical Staff Office.
· Adheres strictly to RNFA intra-operative protocols, guidelines and privileges/credentials for RNFA functions within those guidelines. Exercises critical thinking skills in all aspects of the RNFA role while maintaining a safe peri-operative environment.
· Adheres to job description for Operating Room RN (See RN job description).
* Terms: 24 month Employment Contract Required for Sign-On and Relocation
· Applicable experience required.
· Internal Candidates and Rehires within 12 months are not eligible.
· Must live 50 miles outside of campus address.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED :
· Ability to communicate by reading, writing legibly, speaking and comprehending English effectively to carry out job requirements
· Cognitive, psychomotor, and affective behaviors that demonstrate accountability and responsibility for identifying and meeting the needs of peri-operative patients.
· Peri-operative or post-operative care of cardiothoracic patients
· Ability to care for complex cardiothoracic surgical and advanced heart and lung disease patients
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Ability to articulate comprehensive knowledge of advanced nursing theory and specialty nursing theory and practice for all age groups
· Computer knowledge and skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
· Graduate of RNFA program (program must address all content as outlined by the Association of Operating Room Nurses Core Curriculum and include 1 academic year with 45 hours didactic instructions and 120 hours of clinical internship)
· 2 years surgical scrub experience
· 2 years circulating nurse experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Bachelor of Science in Nursing
· 2 years RNFA experience
· 4 years circulating nurse experience
· One year experience in cardiothoracic, cardiovascular, or cardiac ICU setting OR cardiovascular operating room experience
Department specific advanced competencies
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $43.10 - $61.57
Location: Orlando, FL
Job ID: 24004570
Job Family: Nursing
Shift: 1 - Day