All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Days
Location: 800 N MAGNOLIA AVE, Orlando, 32803
The community you’ll be caring for:
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
The role you’ll contribute:
The Senior Sponsored Programs Analyst exercises objective and independent judgement in interpreting regulations and contract language, negotiating terms and conditions, managing contract compliance, and in making recommendations to departments and leadership. The Senior Sponsored Programs Analyst is knowledgeable in the areas of state, federal, foundation and other research grant funding mechanisms including pre-award and post-award related functions and provides mentorship on these areas to SPA I and SPA II. The Senior Sponsored Programs Analyst collaborates with research unit stakeholders and other shared research services departments to ensure compliant, timely, effective and efficient management of all research activities under the auspices of AdventHealth. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· In coordination with the Manager of Sponsored Programs, orients, trains, provides guidance to new staff as well as Sponsored Programs Analysts to achieve departmental goals and objectives.
· Reads and interprets different funding opportunity announcements, including federal grant requests for proposals, in order to assist faculty and staff with inquiries in the proposal preparation and submission phase and to inform faculty and staff with changes in regulations, proposal requirements, forms, submission processes, and deadlines.
· Creates, reviews, revises, and negotiates simple and complex research-related contracts, including amendments, consistent with relevant documents, institutional policies and procedures, and applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
· Preparation and review of research budgets to ensure compliance with applicable regulations, sponsor/funder terms and conditions, and institutional standards. Communicates study/award status to research departments on a regular basis and as requested.
· Coordinates and provides pre-award activities including completion of grant documents, working with departmental functional groups and subject matter experts to develop detailed budget based on principal investigator input and project needs, assembly of proposal package and submission, and preparation, review, and submission of just-in-time requests. Applies knowledge of federal regulations and policies on research compliance, i.e., human subjects, animal use, institutional policies on conflict of interest, etc., to ensure accuracy and completeness of grant proposal packages or documents submitted to sponsors.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Bachelor’s degree in legal studies, healthcare, business administration, finance, accounting, or research-related field OR paralegal certification
· Three (3) years’ experience in research or contract administration preferably in an academic or medical setting
· Experience in reviewing, writing, editing, and negotiating contracts
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Master’s degree in legal studies, healthcare, business administration, finance, accounting, or research-related field
· Five (5) years of experience in research or contract administration preferably in an academic or medical setting
· Established competency in biomedical research and the regulatory environment
· Experience in reviewing, writing, editing, and negotiating research grant and contract agreements
· Experience in grant and funding related financial audit
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Certification by a professional research organization such as the Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA), Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP), Society of Research Administrators (SRA), National Council of University Research Administrators (NCURA), Research Administrator's Certification Council (RACC), etc.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Schedule: 1 - Day
Shift: AdventHealth Orl Support
Req ID: 21041152
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.