MRI Technologist PRN – AdventHealth Ottawa
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Vision, Medical & Dental Benefits from Day One
Family friendly community
Excellent cost of living
Five major recreational lakes
Many annual events and festivals
Environment committed to patient care
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift : As Needed
1301 S. Main Street, Ottawa, KS 66067
The community you’ll be caring for:
Your health extends far beyond the physical. That’s why AdventHealth Ottawa, formerly Ransom Memorial Health, is committed to strengthening your body, mind and spirit. Our providers, specialists and staff serve the local community in and around Franklin County. With our whole-hearted support, you can start on the path to wellness today.
The role you’ll contribute:
Under general supervision, primary duties include imaging both neuro and body scans on patients from neonate to geriatric, following the age specific guidelines of the facilities parameters, transmitting images for diagnostic interpretation, and keeping the hospital computer system up to date with the progress of these exams. The MRI technologist actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all, while implementing the principles of the facility. Responsible for understanding and maintaining MRI safety for patients and staff in all designated zones.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• Performs all exams using established protocols. Uses facility policy for proper identification of patient prior to performing exam. Educates patient concerning exam.
• Properly screens all patients, including those of childbearing age, for contraindications to MRI and/or contrast allergies, reviewing with radiologist as needed
• Completes all exams in a timely manner, keeps work flow moving, and minimizes empty table time. Follows through after completing exam with communication, transportation and assists with discharge of OP’s
• Performs all types of imaging procedures and operates all equipment safely and properly including scanners, injectors, monitors, and medical equipment. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills to perform scans on patients of all ages, adapting protocols as necessary
• Educates other staff on MRI zone safety requirements
• Practices infection control standards and utilizes approved PPE and disinfectant agents
• Maintains properly stocked, organized and clean room
• Performs vendor required QA on MRI scanners
• Employee job duties may include proper disposal of pharmaceutical waste from the point of generation to a designated secure storage area
• Employee will be required to complete initial training (prior to handling pharmaceutical waste) to include proper handling and transport of pharmaceutical waste, and proper selection, use and disposal of personal protective equipment
• Reviews all images of all exams, repeating images as necessary for best possible result. If necessary notify physician of emergent findings according to established protocol
• Enforces MRI zone entrance and fire safety protocol
• May oversee QC, QA programs and or accrediting functions
• Performs other duties as assigned
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
• Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
• Must be certified by American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)(MR).
• Must hold state license where applicable, KS LRT
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Associate's degree or Technical degree in a related field
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Ottawa
Schedule: 1 - Day
Shift: AdventHealth Ottawa
Req ID: 22017956
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.