Phlebotomist PRN– AdventHealth Ottawa
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Vision, Medical & Dental Benefits from Day One
Family friendly community
Excellent cost of living
Five major recreational lakes
Many annual events and festivals
Environment committed to patient care
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
1301 S. Main Street, Ottawa, KS 66067
The community you’ll be caring for:
Your health extends far beyond the physical. That’s why AdventHealth Ottawa, formerly Ransom Memorial Health, is committed to strengthening your body, mind and spirit. Our providers, specialists and staff serve the local community in and around Franklin County. With our whole-hearted support, you can start on the path to wellness today.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Phlebotomist I is responsible for collection of blood samples, through the use of standard venipuncture and microtainer techniques. Receives laboratory specimens and processes samples for Laboratory testing. Performs clerical and client service functions in the Laboratory as requested.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Ability to perform venipuncture and microtainer collection.
· Ensure specimens are correctly labeled and orders are received.
· Ability to properly prioritize routine specimen receipt in the laboratory on a “first in – first out” basis.
· Stat and Alert specimens are prioritized before routine orders.
· Follows appropriate safety policies including the appropriate use of PPE, handwashing, and hazardous chemical handling. Demonstrates understanding and adheres to Chemical Hygiene plan and Infection Control policies. Employee job duties may include transport of hazardous waste from the point of generation to a designated secure storage area; employee will be required to complete initial training (prior to handling hazardous waste) and refresher training to include proper handling and transport of hazardous waste, and proper selection, use and disposal of personal protective equipment
· Performs other duties as assigned
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
· Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask.
· Ability and willingness to work independently as well as in a team environment.
· Ability and willingness to work flexible schedules, including nights, weekends, holidays, etc.
· Must be able to read, write and speak conversational English
· Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Phlebotomy (venipuncture and capillary)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High School degree or equivalent
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Completion of a phlebotomy training program
· Six months of phlebotomy experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Basic Life Support (BLS) certification if required by facility
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· PBT(ASCP) or equivalent
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Facility: AdventHealth Ottawa
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Pay Range: $16.54 - $16.539
Location: Ottawa, KS
Job ID: 24004552
Job Family: Laboratory
Shift: 1 - Day