CT Technologist Relief Advent Health South Overland Park
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Vision, Medical & Dental Benefits from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
South Overland Park 7820 W 165TH ST, Overland Park, 66223
The community you’ll be caring for:
When you need care, you don’t want to have to travel far. Our dedicated team at AdventHealth South Overland Park provides a full suite of medical and emergency services to communities in southern Johnson County. Our team of experts offer 24/7 emergency room services, ICU care, labor and delivery, cardiology care, surgical services, physical, occupational and speech therapy, imaging and more. The state-of-the-art hospital is connected to a medical office building with a full suite of medical services including internal medicine, cardiology, orthopedics, OB/GYN, endocrinology and more. Join us and our commitment to helping patients feel whole for their whole life.
The role you’ll contribute:
Under the direction of a Radiologist, performs CAT Scan procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision of technical detail. Performs a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgment with ingenuity and initiative to acquire Cat Scan images for radiological diagnosis. Must keep room clean and stocked with supplies that are required to perform CAT Scan procedures. .
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Maintains all the essential job functions of the CT Technologist.
· Rotates “on call” status
· Reviews scheduled patient’s requisitions and chart before starting exam.
· Administers opaque contrast material as directed by Radiologist.
· Starts IV’s on out patients that require IV contrast.
· Draw labs for Creatine when possible to expedite patient care.
· Communicate with nurses and physicians to expedite patient care.
· Locate orders, lab work, allergies and any other related resources on the patient in Power Chart.
· Send images to VRC in a timely manner and scan VRC report into PACS.
· Gives oral contrast, when scheduled, to abdomen and pelvis CAT Scan patients one to two hours prior to exams.
· Participate in the training of new CT techs.
· Operates Cerner System, proficiently, trouble shoots problems with orders and makes corrections within scope of user level.
· Complete and charge exams correctly on Cerner System.
· Send all exams to PACS System and know what to do if PACS is down.
· Adheres to radiation safety standards.
· Assumes responsibility for assigned area and reports equipment malfunctions.
· Follows “Standard of Behavior” guidelines per hospital policy
· Incorporates patient, physician, customer needs and concerns into decision-making and organizational action.
· Follows the AIDET model (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation and Thank) Personalized Patient Care Every Patient Every time.
· Maintains ethical relationships and cooperates with all personnel in proper conduct of department
· Demonstrates commitment of personal and professional development, and pursues appropriate continuing education.
· Professional appearance is in accordance with dress code standards.
· Attends a minimum of 50% of scheduled department meetings and is accountable for obtaining information from missed meetings.
· Provides patient transportation when needed. Performs other related duties as required and deemed necessary per Radiology Director or Manager
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Associate’s Degree or Graduate of a Technical School
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Up to 1 Year of Position-Related Experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Kansas State License LRT
· Nationally Registered ARRT
· ARRT Registered CT Technologist
· AHA Healthcare Provider CPR
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Facility: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Pay Range: $25.112 - $40.178
Location: Overland Park, KS
Job ID: 24001681
Job Family: Radiology/Imaging
Shift: 1 - Day