All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
$7,5000 sign on bonus and $3,000 relocation package for qualified candidates
Benefits from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Days. Shared call requirements
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Palm Coast
The role you’ll contribute:
The surgical technologist first assistant actively participates in the on-going management of supply inventories, surgical equipment, operating room suite readiness and direct clinical and technical assistance to the surgeon while performing operative and invasive procedures. This position requires an expanded knowledge of surgical instrumentation, surgical techniques, human anatomy, surgical retracting, and wound closure. Assembly of complex mechanical devices, strong anticipatory skills, hand/eye dexterity and sequential planning are required. This position requires staying abreast of new products, procedure research and physician techniques. The surgical technologist first assistant is assigned the role of first assistant or surgical scrub technologist depending on departmental demands and supports Surgical and Endoscopy services. All activities of the surgical technologist first assistant are under the direct supervision of the perioperative registered nurse or operating surgeon/gastroenterologist. Accepts call as assigned.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Ensures that all required supplies, instruments, and equipment is available for all assigned procedures
· Participates in room set up, pre-procedure preparations, intra-operative positioning, prepping, and draping, and room turn over independently or as directed
· Demonstrates knowledge of sterilization techniques for all equipment utilized on assigned procedures
· Demonstrates skills such as tissue handling, providing exposure in the operative field, use of instrumentation, suturing, and provision of hemostasis in an anticipatory manner
· Demonstrates essential mental discipline, attention to detail, thoroughness, stamina, and concentration during the surgical procedure
· Demonstrates flexibility and understanding of assigned work duties. Adapts to changes in assigned duties as directed
· Prioritizes work responsibilities appropriately. Proactively assists others with minimal supervision including non-patient care activities (maintaining procedures supplies, sterilization of instruments and environment of care.)
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
· High school graduate or equivalent
· Certification in Surgical Technology
· Certification as First Assist
· BLS Certified
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Palm Coast
Schedule: 1 - Day
Shift: AdventHealth Palm Coast
Req ID: 23003741
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.