Hospice Aide Administrative Assistant Weekend PRN
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Career Development
· Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
· Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time; Monday-Friday
Shift: 10am -10pm every Saturday and Sunday - PRN *position could become full-time
Location: 150 Memorial Medical Parkway, Palm Coast, FL 32164
The role you’ll contribute:
The Hospice Aide is responsible for attending to personal care needs of the terminally ill patient, and supportive care for the caregiver to promote comfort. The Hospice Aide works under the direct supervision of the Hospice Registered Nurse/Case Manager. The Hospice Aide follows the direction of the Hospice Aide care plan developed by the Patient Care Manager and the Hospice Registered Nurse/Case manager. The Hospice Aide can provide care in the patientâ€™s home, Nursing Homes, ALFâ€™s and Inpatient Hospice units. As a dual role, this employee will also have duties to include, but not limited to: answers phones, scheduling of IPU teams, auditing of patient charts as directed, performing clerical duties for the IPU Coordinator. Employee time will be split between patient care and clerical duties.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Follow assignment details for personal care
· Document timely and appropriately
· Participate in end of life care for the patient and family
· Inform RN of any changes in condition
· Provides administrative support to assigned department.
· Answers telephones, routes phone calls to appropriate person, greets and assists visitors.
· Participates in staff meetings, department meetings, in services and other related activities.
· Attends educational and developmental seminars and meetings, as deemed appropriate.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
· High School Diploma or GED required
· Must have 6 months experience in the health care field
· Must maintain at least 12 contact hours of education annually
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Hospice experience preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
· Certified Nursing Aide certificate recognized by the State of Florida Board of Nursing or
· Hospice Aide training from an approved 75 hour training course
· CPR required
· Must maintain active Driver’s license and auto insurance
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Hospice and Palliative care certification preferred
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Pay Range: $16.00 - $21.17
Location: Palm Coast, FL
Job ID: 24004748
Job Family: Hospice
Shift: 1 - Day