All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift : Days, per department needs, must be available to work at least 4 shifts a month, hours from 7a-4:30pm.
Location : 9395 Crown Crest Blvd, Parker Colorado 80138
The community you’ll be caring for:
AdventHealth Parker is a Level II Trauma Center that serves our community by providing excellent, community-focused health care. Since we opened our doors in 2004, we have grown into a regional medical center. In 2017, we received the designation of a Magnet Recognized Hospital. In 2018, we became one of the only five hospitals in the nation, and the only hospital in Colorado, to receive Joint Commission Certification for Bariatrics. We have 170 Licensed beds, 23 Emergency Department private rooms, and 13 surgical suites.
The role you’ll contribute:
Provide quality patient care to all patients within the medical imaging department. Perform high quality images and exams on patients while maintaining the sensitivity to patient needs. Follows standards of safe radiation practice. Demonstrates leadership abilities and is a role model for other associate technologists. Acts as a clinical resource to unit personnel and assures current standards of practice for the unit.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
[ Clinical Competence] Utilizes the knowledge and skills for age-specific factors necessary to perform safe and effective procedures on patients of all ages (neonate/infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatrics). The knowledge and skills are acquired through formal training, Inservice, continuing education and/or experience. Willing to learn/adapt to new technologies and protocols. Addresses patient needs, questions and anxieties
• [Data Processing, Image Quality and Documentation] Utilizes proper positioning criteria and technical exposure factors. Ensures study has correct patient demographics and RT/LT annotation when post processing. Inputs procedural charges into the computer system. Confirms proper exam/patient before releasing images to PACS
• [ Department Meeting Attendance] Attends department meetings consistently and promotes positive dialogue with respect to department objectives. Listens and is responsible to understand all agenda items
• [Exam Supervision and Administration Assists physician with sterile procedures, anticipates their needs and is knowledgeable of all necessary equipment and supplies. Ensures aseptic techniques are observed. Removes sheaths and holds arterial pressure until hemostasis. Utilizes two patient identifiers to confirm patient/exam accuracy before administering exam
• [Performance Improvement] Participates in quality improvement initiatives while understanding the department performance trends and established standards. Participates in department survey and patient satisfaction initiatives. Utilizes patient service recovery resources when appropriate. Help develop the knowledge and competency of co-workers and students
• [ Personal Productivity and Accountability] Assists healthcare team. Handles various job tasks simultaneously. Works to improve productivity by maintaining IR Suite ready status by preparing the Suite and equipment for the next procedure. Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department
• [Safety and Environment of Care] Applies appropriate use of PPE: follows the OSHA/Facility Infection Control policies for handling blood or body substances, waste disposal for biohazardous and non-biohazardous waste and keeps a safe environment for patients, visitors and co-workers. Operates and maintains equipment in a safe manner. Properly wears Dosimeter badge and seeks to minimize radiation exposure
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
Basic General Radiology experience
State license as a General Radiographer
American Registry of Radiologic Technologists-Radiography (ARRT (R))
Basic Life Support (BLS)
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Pay Range: $32.43 - $54.81
Location: Parker, CO
Job ID: 23026596
Job Family: Radiology/Imaging
Shift: 1 - Day