All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Day
Location: 9208 S. US HWY 301, Riverview, FL 33578
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Riverview
· AdventHealth is expanding our medical expertise, innovation, and state-of-the-art technology to southern Hillsborough County through a brand-new hospital in Riverview, which is scheduled to open in 2024.
· The new AdventHealth Riverview hospital will include 82 beds at time of opening with space to expand to 202 beds in the future.
· This $250 million project in Riverview also includes a 100,000 square foot, four-story Medical Office Building that will provide community members convenient access to expert care.
· AdventHealth Riverview will offer a wide range of health care services which includes emergency, cardiovascular, digestive, urology, orthopedic and women’s care.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Progressive Care Registered Nurse (RN) is accountable for coordinating the efforts of the multidisciplinary treatment team for the patients under his/her care. The RN is accountable for administering, supervising, coordinating, and evaluating the nursing process in the provision of care; and will strive to maintain and improve patient outcomes.
S/he is accountable for working within the parameters of the Florida Nurse Practice Act, Fundamentals of Critical Care Support (FCCS), regulatory standards, established policies, protocols and procedures; and utilizes other pertinent references as guidelines for clinical practice. S/he critically evaluates evidence for application to clinical practice in his / her area of practice.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, evaluate, and communicate patient care needs for the following age groups: adult and geriatric patients.
· Performs initial nursing assessments. Documents findings within identified time frames and activates initial plan of care.
· Documents patients’ progress in the electronic medical record on a regular basis including assessment and management plans.
· Safely administers medications to patients according to hospital policy and procedures. Conducts second nurse verifications. Reconciles medication on admission and transfer.
· Reports actual or potential medication variances as well as other patient safety issues utilizing risk management system, and communication chain of command.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
· Minimum Associate Degree in Nursing upon hire.
· Minimum of one year experience as a Registered Nurse in a PCU setting.
· Active Florida RN or APRN license required upon hire.
· Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or RQI upon hire, then renewed quarterly following RQI protocols
· Current American Heart Association Advanced Life Support (ALS) certification or RQI upon hire, then renewed quarterly following RQI protocols
· Current NIHSS certification upon hire
· 8 hour of Stroke Education within 6 months of hire date, then annually
· 8 hours Hip & Knee Replacement / Spine Education within 6 months of hire date, then annually
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Facility: AdventHealth Riverview
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $32.87 - $46.949
Location: Riverview, FL
Job ID: 24003963
Job Family: Nursing
Shift: 1 - Day