All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Part Time
Shift : Day Shift
Location: 9208 S. US HWY 301, Riverview, FL 33578
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Riverview
· AdventHealth is expanding our medical expertise, innovation, and state-of-the-art technology to southern Hillsborough County through a brand-new hospital in Riverview, which is scheduled to open in 2024.
· The new AdventHealth Riverview hospital will include 82 beds at time of opening with space to expand to 202 beds in the future.
· This $250 million project in Riverview also includes a 100,000 square foot, four-story Medical Office Building that will provide community members convenient access to expert care.
· AdventHealth Riverview will offer a wide range of health care services which includes emergency, cardiovascular, digestive, urology, orthopedic and women’s care.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Certified Respiratory Therapist is responsible for provision/supervision of respiratory clinical care responsibilities to age specific groups. Respiratory Care processes include assessing, planning, implementing, delivering, and evaluating the treatment, care, and patient needs to achieve goals. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Assesses and makes appropriate decisions and interventions according to patient evaluation / needs. Sets patient goals, assisting in the development of a plan of care along with the multidisciplinary team. Evaluates / interpret diagnostic data including but not limited to lab results and monitoring data. Communicates effectively with the multi-disciplinary team.
· Satisfactorily completes department orientation, airway management certification (campus specific), critical care training program, Infant/ Pediatric Emergency training program (campus specific) and is proficient at all applicable procedures defined below.
· Practices standard precautions and enforces safety regulations according to hospital policies on a continual basis. Documents and charges for procedures accurately and completely to ensure quality standards set by the department and hospital.
· Responds to Code Blue emergencies immediately providing CPR according to the American Heart Association guidelines. Performs airway maintenance including proper use of manual resuscitators, suctioning, extubation, assists with bronchoscopy, assists with tracheostomy tube insertion, oral and nasal pharyngeal airway insertion, LMA insertion, manages patients with laryngectomy. Provides procedural respiratory support. May perform endotracheal intubation, under direct supervision, or after completion of documented competency.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
· Graduate of an AMA accredited 2-year (AS degree) Respiratory Care Program upon hire
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· BS Preferred
· RRT, CPFT, RPFT, ACCS, NPS, SDS Preferred
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Must possess current state license (CRT) upon hire.
· Current American Heart Association BLS certification or RQI upon hire, then renewed quarterly following RQI protocols.
· American Heart Association ACLS certification or RQI required within 2 weeks of hire date, then renewed quarterly following RQI protocols
· American Heart Association PALS certification or RQI within 90 days of hire date, then renewed quarterly following RQI protocols
· NRP within 90 days of hire date
· STABLE Education within 6 months of hire date
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Facility: AdventHealth Riverview
Job Schedule: Part-time
Pay Range: $26.37 - $39.55
Location: Riverview, FL
Job ID: 23042917
Job Family: Respiratory Services
Shift: 1 - Day