Chief Medical Physicist - AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Vision, Medical & Dental Benefits from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Shift : 40 hours a week; Days
Location: Santa Fe Building
9301 W 74th St, Suite 100 Merriam, KS 66204
The community you’ll be caring for:
At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, formerly Shawnee Mission Medical Center, you're more than just a number on a chart. You're a whole person, who functions best when physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit. Find whole-person care, dedicated teams and staff, and a wide variety of medical services, all at our hospital in Shawnee Mission, Kansas.
The role you’ll contribute:
Participates in the quality care of our patients by providing medical physics services at or above the State and Federal requirements as well as meeting any national standards of care in radiation oncology. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful of all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Management of the clinical staff to include the medical physics staff (physicists and dosimetrists).
· Has clinical oversight of the radiation therapists to ensure all the clinical sites are maintaining a consistent treatment procedure, quality assurance program and equipment.
· Assist the Administrative and Medical Director in maintaining an efficient and effective clinical operation.
· Participates in hiring and release of medical physics and dosimetrist staff.
· Conducts performance evaluations for direct reports.
· Participates in the specification, selection, service contracts and acceptance of machines, accessories, and support equipment necessary to deliver radiation therapy.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
· Master’s degree in Physics or related field
· Five years post board certification experience
· Three years of radiation oncology leadership
· Current active Kansas State licensure in Therapeutic Medical Physics
· Current certification by the American Board of Radiology or American Board of Medical Physics in Therapeutic Medical Physics
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Facility: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $101.34 - $151.816
Location: Shawnee, KS
Job ID: 24005646
Job Family: Cancer Institute
Shift: 1 - Day