Early Childhood Teacher Part Time – AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Benefits from Day One
· Paid Days Off from Day One
· Career Development
· Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
· Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: 9:10 a.m. to 5:40 p.m. on Wednesdays and Thursdays
Shift : 16 hours a week
Location: B.E. Smith Family Center - Britian Development Center
7415 Grandview St, Shawnee Mission, KS 66204
The community you’ll be caring for:
At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, formerly Shawnee Mission Medical Center, you're more than just a number on a chart. You're a whole person, who functions best when physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit. Find whole-person care, dedicated teams and staff, and a wide variety of medical services, all at our hospital in Shawnee Mission, Kansas.
The role you’ll contribute:
As an integral member of a team, assists in providing quality early learning, age appropriate activities and a total learning environment for the individual needs of each child. Provides a liaison between children, parents and the Early learning Center’s management. Works cooperatively with and follows guidelines decided upon by the Curriculum Specialist and Team Leaders.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Supervises, interacts and guards the safety of children at all times.
· Displays pride and professionalism in their work.
· Is attentive and sensitive to the needs of other staff members, the children, the families, and the childcare center.
· Works in a positive and timely manner, working as a team to enhance the experience of the children, the families, each other, and the childcare center.
· Meets in-service and continuing education requirements as per department policy by the last day of the licensing year.
· Maintains standards as outlined by Kansas Health Department licensing.
· Maintains sanitary conditions in room with children while adhering to infection prevention policies.
· Develops and implements age appropriate curriculum (lesson plans) and monthly goals to meet children’s developmental needs, accreditation criteria, and department philosophy. Plans are submitted on time.
· On an on-going basis, plan, evaluate and improve the physical environment in the classroom to create opportunities to meet the changing needs of the developing child.
· Provide responsive care to all children by adapting daily care giving routines and plans to the interests and needs of the individual child and the group.
· Provides a developmentally appropriate classroom environment that reflects the children’s learning and growth.
· Models exemplary behavior in a manner which results in productive use of time and successful accomplishment of tasks.
· Informs proper associate as changes occur to adult/child ratios to provide appropriate staffing needs.
· Ability to work with children who have special health and/or developmental needs.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED :
· Teachers must have a clear understanding of the curriculum standards for the age of the children in their classes
· Lesson planning
· Knowledge of computer skills
· Classroom management skills
· Communicates and problem-solves efficiently
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
· Bachelor's degree
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED :
· Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood or related field
· 1 to 2 years’ experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED :
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Facility: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Job Schedule: Part-time
Pay Range: $15.23 -
Location: Shawnee, KS
Job ID: 24005080
Job Family: Daycare
Shift: 1 - Day