Nutrition Services Team Leader – AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits Day 1
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
Sign on Bonus
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Ability to work a flexible schedule. Morning shift from 5am/6am to 2:30pm or evening shift 11am - 7:30pm; including rotating weekends
Shift : Days
Location: 9100 W. 74 th Street, Mission, KS 66204
The community you’ll be caring for:
At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, you're more than just a number on a chart. You're a whole person, who functions best when physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit. Find whole-person care, dedicated teams and staff, and a wide variety of medical services, all at our hospital in Shawnee Mission, Kansas.
The role you’ll contribute:
Under the general direction of the Managers, the Nutrition Services Team Leader is directly responsible for the activities of the Nutrition Services associates in all facets of the food service. The Nutrition Services Team Leader trains, leads and motivates the team in problem solving. Oversees maintenance of optimal food quality, timely service, as well as high sanitation standards.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Assesses the strengths and developmental needs of each staff member and helps them develop to their potential.
· Maintains flexibility when staffing needs require a change in scheduling.
· Recognizes others’ accomplishments, provides feedback, and mentors others.
· Trains associates in basic job knowledge and sanitation and provides effective coaching to ensure skill development.
· Understands the direction of the future and is able to manage change and create understanding with the associates.
· Incorporates patient, physician, customer needs and concerns into decision-making and organizational action.
· Models outstanding patient and customer service and defines expectations for staff to do the same.
· Responds to associate questions and concerns in a timely manner.
· Educates associates on service behaviors in order to foster a customer-focused environment.
· Demonstrates improved outcomes through effective communication and follow up.
· Demonstrates and promotes high standards for quality and productivity; focuses on results.
· Maximize productivity through development and maintenance of staffing plans appropriate to the level of service provided.
· Exhibits good judgment and time management skills to accomplish daily tasks.
· Is versatile and able to assume a number of different duties.
· Is fiscally responsible and suggests cost-saving measures.
· Oversees and ensures daily quality checks, such as temperatures, sanitation, proper equipment function and implement corrective action as needed.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Experience in institutional food service management
· Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office – Outlook, Excel and Word
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· 2 to 5 Years of Position-Related Experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Associate’s Degree or Graduate of a Technical School
· 5 Years of Position-Related Experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Dietary Technician Associate
· Dietary Manager Associate
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $17.13 - $27.402
Location: Shawnee, KS
Job ID: 24002744
Job Family: Nutritional Services
Shift: 1 - Day