Patient Food Service Host Relief – AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: 4:00pm - 8:00pm; including rotating weekends and some holidays
Shift : Days
Location: 9100 W. 74 th Street, Mission, KS 66204
The community you’ll be caring for:
At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, you're more than just a number on a chart. You're a whole person, who functions best when physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit. Find whole-person care, dedicated teams and staff, and a wide variety of medical services, all at our hospital in Shawnee Mission, Kansas.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Patient Food Service Host, under close supervision, serves patients of diverse ages, cultures, and backgrounds by taking menu orders in person and over the phone, utilizing a computerized diet office application and basic knowledge of therapeutic diets. Assembles tray and tray items and delivers food to patients. Builds and maintains strong relationships with Nursing and provides excellent customer service to patients and their families. Complies with the facility, Nutritional Services (NS), and regulatory standards. Participates in department process improvement efforts.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Utilizes the computerized diet office application to guide and input patient menu selections to comply with the prescribed diet order. Utilizes knowledge of therapeutic diets. Suggests complimentary menu items, condiments, and add-ons to comply with the diet order and improve patient satisfaction. Verifies and reads back menu selections. Maintains a record of patient preferences and pertinent information in the notes section of the patient's account.
· Follows approved scripting during menu ordering and delivery. Utilizes bedside menu entry to record patient menu selections. Demonstrates competency in using an iPad for bedside menu entry process.
· Assembles trays per therapeutic diet guidelines and the established presentation standards.
· Ensures all patient food deliveries and retrievals are consistent with established timeframes, per department standard; checks trays for accuracy before delivery to patient. May assist with food prep and assembly as needed.
· Provides quality and professional customer service. Actively listens to the customer and strives to ensure excellent patient satisfaction. Responds to patient and family food service concerns. Implements service recovery
· Consistently obtains two patient identifiers; follows HIPAA regulations. Remains up to date on NS policies and SOPs. Participates in staff meetings and completes all mandatory education. Wears approved uniform and maintains a professional appearance, including AdventHealth ID badge and hair maintained per AdventHealth standard in patient areas. Maintains a positive attitude to new ideas and concepts within the department.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE STRONGLY PREFERRED:
• Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English
• Ability to communicate with customers, in person and over the phone, professionally and efficiently
• Ability to handle customer interactions in a prompt, courteous, and helpful manner
• Ability to use common software applications and hardware (e.g., iPad, ToughBook)
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• Knowledge of therapeutic diets
• Ability to effectively multi-task
• Bilingual English/Spanish
• Knowledge of Nutritional Services software
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· No Previous Experience is Required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Previous food service experience desirable
· May be required to obtain and maintain state specific certifications
· Servsafe certification
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Pay Range: $15.00 - $19.85
Location: Shawnee, KS
Job ID: 24003979
Job Family: Nutritional Services
Shift: 1 - Day