Pharmacy Tech II, - AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Up to $5,000 sign on bonus
Benefits from Day One for eligible employees
Paid Days Off from Day One for eligible employees
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift : Evenings
Location: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
9100 West 74th Street, Merriam, KS 66204
The community you’ll be caring for:
At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, formerly Shawnee Mission Medical Center, you're more than just a number on a chart. You're a whole person, who functions best when physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit. Find whole-person care, dedicated teams and staff, and a wide variety of medical services, all at our hospital in Shawnee Mission, Kansas.
The role you’ll contribute:
Under the direct supervision of a pharmacist, the Certified Pharmacy Technician performs all accountabilities associated with the compounding, dispensing, charging, and delivery of medications to the patients.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Maintain confidentiality of patient and business information.
· Resolve Pyxis generated “stock out” bulletins and “medications not loaded” reports quickly.
· Compound medications accurately as needed.
· Maintain a high level of accuracy and accountability in all controlled substance transactions.
· Incorporate patient, physician, and customer needs and concerns into decision-making and organizational action.
· Accurately fill and outdate all Pyxis machines as scheduled with the runs.
· Fill and deliver medications to patient care areas without delay.
· Restock boxes, kits, trays and code cart trays without being asked.
· Complete deliveries and refill functions as quickly as possible to minimize time spent out of department.
· Perform tasks related to maintaining all centralized and decentralized pharmacy inventory. This includes but is not limited to: Assessing par levels, restocking shelves, ordering supplies and alerting buyer to stock shortages.
· Replenish drugs used during surgery and code blue carts and complete appropriate charge sheet.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· 1 to 2 Years of Position-Related Experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Kansas Board of Pharmacy Technician Registration
· Nationally Certified Pharmacy Technician
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Facility: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $15.23 - $24.374
Location: Shawnee, KS
Job ID: 24002493
Job Family: Pharmacy
Shift: 3 - Night