Physical Therapist Assistant PRN – AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Vision, Medical & Dental Benefits from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: PRN, As Needed
Location: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
9100 West 74th Street, Merriam, KS 66204
The community you’ll be caring for:
At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, formerly Shawnee Mission Medical Center, you're more than just a number on a chart. You're a whole person, who functions best when physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit. Find whole-person care, dedicated teams and staff, and a wide variety of medical services, all at our hospital in Shawnee Mission, Kansas.
The role you’ll contribute:
- Conducts physical therapy under the supervision of a physical therapist.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• Implements an established treatment plan of care established by a Physical Therapist utilizing Practice Standards and recommended techniques, insurance guidelines and patient’s needs. Monitors patient response and progress to treatment and with consultation with the Physical Therapist, modifies treatment plan as appropriate
• Monitors patient response and progress to treatment and communicates with the Physical Therapist to modify treatment plan as appropriate
• Documents and Charges accurately, completely, and timely using measurable and objective terminology, following standards of practice, insurance guidelines and department /hospital policy and procedures
• Educates patients, family members, and caregivers about identified needs and including discharge recommendations
• As appropriate communicates effectively with patients, family and health care professionals within and across care settings and communities
• May oversee the care provided by therapy aides, according to established regulations and practice standards
• Meets productivity standard as defined by department
• Attends department meetings and education as required
• Practices principles of professional development and performance improvement by maintaining clinical knowledge, using best and/or evidence-based practices, supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department, and serving as a clinical instructor
• Willingly adjust and adapt to changes in patient census by altering working hours to assist in other centers, programs as needed, approved and observed by manager
• Regularly participates in marketing to physicians/physician practices to build referral relationships. Supports consumer marketing and public awareness through participation in community events, educational lectures/speaking, and/or other extension of clinical expertise to the community as approved by manager or director.
• Performs other duties as assigned
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
• Basic Life Support (BLS) certification must be obtained before employee starts patient care
• Kansas Licensed as a Physical Therapist Assistant OR Temporary Kansas permit as Physical Therapist Assistant
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Rehabilitation Services
Organization: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Schedule: 1 - Day
Shift: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Req ID: 23006824
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.