Registered Dietitian II Part Time - AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: 24 hours/week
Location Address : 9100 W. 74 th St., Shawnee Mission, KS 66204
The role you’ll contribute:
The registered dietitian utilizes the nutrition care process to screen, assess, diagnose, offer nutrition intervention, and monitor the nutrition status and progress of patients. The registered dietitian uses the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Standards of Practice in Nutrition Care and Standards of Professional Performance for registered dietitians. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth's service standards.
• Assessment- Completes nutrition focused physical assessments, takes measurements, reviews medical records, collects data via interviews, utilizes validated tools, evaluates anthropometric status, and calculates estimated comparative standards.
• Diagnosis- Evaluates assessment data to identify nutrition risks, nutrition problems, criteria consistent with malnutrition, knowledge deficits, and/or high-risk health behaviors.
• Intervention- Offers nutrition recommendations, orders, education/counselling, and/or referral to other services.
• Education and Counselling- Provides counseling and education that reflects appropriate health literacy and cultural sensitivity to patients with disease processes that require nutritional management. Uses evidenced based theories and concepts to include transtheoretical model and motivational interviewing.
• Monitoring- Makes follow-up available to detect progress. Adjust nutrition plans of care to reach nutrition goals and to promote optimal outcomes.
• Leadership- Makes supervised practice experience available to dietetic interns and new employees that satisfy learning objectives. Remains abreast of emerging research applications and evidenced-based guidelines, Participates in research, performance improvement, and initiatives.
• Communication- Enters complete, accurate, and timely electronic health record documentation and orders per protocol and standard operating procedure to reflect patient care. Offers timely response to internal electronic communication.
• Collaboration- Participates in patient care rounds. Creates nutrition plans of care that reflect collaboration with physicians, nurses, and other allied health professionals. Promotes evidenced-based nutrition care. Makes expertise available to foodservice areas.
• Performs other duties as assigned
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
• Bachelor’s degree in nutrition or nutrition related field AND 3-year clinical experience
• OR Graduate degree in nutrition or nutrition related field AND 1-year clinical experience
• Current active registered dietitian status with Commission of Dietetic Registration (CDR)
• Current active licensed status in the state in which they practice.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Nutritional Services
Organization: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Schedule: 1 - Day
Shift: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Req ID: 23014202
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Part-time
Pay Range: $23.67 - $37.87
Location: Shawnee, KS
Job ID: 23014202
Job Family: Nutritional Services
Shift: 1 - Day