All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Location: 3000 MEDICAL PARK DR, Tampa, 33613
The community you’ll be caring for: Advent Health Medical Group West FL
The role you’ll contribute: Authorization Representative
Insurance Authorization Representative will work as a liaison with Hospital Authorization departments to obtain insurance verification, notification, pre-certification, authorization and obtaining reference numbers (as appropriate) for all patients undergoing surgical procedures, endoscopic procedures, testing and infusions within the hospital as well as clinic setting. Insurance Authorization Representative will work closely with all members of the physicians’ teams to assure timely and accurate authorization for both routine and stat items. This individual must possess basic clinical knowledge and terminology and must be able to effectively communicate with and support multiple doctors/specialists, APPs and team members. This individual must be able to work in a fast pace, changing environment. This individual must also be able to identify problems and communicate with the members of the Revenue Cycle team (Coders, Patient Account Reps, Coding and AR Supervisors) and insurance companies in a timely manner.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Obtains and/or works with Hospital Departments to obtain authorizations in a timely manner for endoscopic procedures, surgical procedures, radiology and laboratory testing, infusions and visits within the hospital and clinic setting.
· Reviews the insurance verification and completes the authorization process within established time frames. Accurately enters data into software program.
· Receives coverage authorization and works diligently to meet established timelines; may be required to obtain authorizations for same day procedures.
· Works closely with doctors, APPs and team members to support efforts to accomplish authorization/verification for both routine and STAT orders.
· Routinely arrange and oversee peer to peer authorizations between specialists and insurance companies.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
Minimum qualifications :
· Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal relation skills
· Demonstrated computer experience using word processing and data entry software
· Must be able to type 30 wpm and know 10-key by touch
· Strong Organizational Skills
· Ability to adhere to strict timelines
· Multi-tasking skills
· Proficiency in EMR and EPM
· Previous insurance verification experience
· Proficiency in Medical Terminology
· Previous customer service work experience
· Problem Solving Skills and Attention to Detail
· Knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT coding
· Knowledge of payer requirements for authorization and billing
· High School diploma or equivalent
· 3-5 years of Insurance Verification Experience plus 1-2 years of Authorization experience OR 1-2 years healthcare experience in a clinical setting.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Patient Financial Services
Organization: AdventHealth Medical Group West FL
Schedule: 1 - Day
Shift: AHMG West Florida
Req ID: 23016024
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $15 - $21.899
Location: Tampa, FL
Job ID: 23016024
Job Family: Patient Financial Services
Shift: 1 - Day