All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Benefits from Day One
· Paid Days Off from Day One
· Student Loan Repayment Program
· Career Development
· Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
· Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Day Shift
Location: Remote-3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Tampa
· AdventHealth Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
· Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
· Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
· Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
The role you’ll contribute:
Assigns ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS codes to hospital inpatient accounts utilizing Epic, the 3M Encoder and Dolbey Computer Assisted Coding programs. Will work with Coding leadership, Clinical Documentation Improvement specialists and the Coding Quality team to code and release accounts for the West Florida Division. Will work and resolve the chart correction issues daily and work with the team to ensure the Coding Department is within three days of discharge and meeting DNFC goals.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Adheres to AdventHealth Core Values, display integrity, compassion, balance, excellence, stewardship, and teamwork.
· Occasionally trains others, as in orientation of new employees or acting as a preceptor for workers learning new skills.
· Occasional contact with physicians and their office staff.
· Communicates with CDI team.
· Communicates to various departments when discharge dispositions and patient type/status needs clarified.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed
· High school diploma and medical coding certificate program or 2 year HIM program.
· 2-5 years of inpatient coding experience
· Inpatient Coding knowledge
· Knowledge of specific coding guidelines, and Coding Clinic guidelines.
· Must be able to score a minimum of 75% on coding test, given during interview process.
· RHIA or RHIT, or CCS or CPC.
· Will consider inpatient years of experience in lieu of certification but applicant must obtain certification within 2 years of hire.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Facility: AdventHealth Tampa
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $27.9736 - $41.9604
Location: Tampa, FL
Job ID: 23031304
Job Family: Health Information Management
Shift: 1 - Day